• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 14, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, thanks for the input. I'll try and check the timing and let you know my outcome.

Kraig, I appreciate you following up with me regarding the shaft length. Marty was able to dig one out of his collection for me.

Mike S.

Brand new , unused Brinly plow for $150 is worth the $$$.

The basic design is the same as the ones from the 70's and the changes are not an issue for performance.

Chris Y,

What Matt G said on the timing but also check the condenser on the coil as it could be going bad. Sometimes the coil will still spark with a bad condenser but irregularly. It can fool you to think the ignition system is working but just not at the right time. Also make sure the condenser lead wire is connected to the negative side of the coil terminal (same side as the wire from the points).

The spark plug could be another possible problem as sometimes they will spark fine in the open atmosphere but not well under compression.

The points may need replacing or cleaning as well if they haven't been replaced for a long time.

Does anyone in the forum insure your cubs and if so which method,I’m considering it because they kinda are irreplaceable if something terrible were to happen I’d like to be covered

Ethan K.
Speaking from experience! LOL
Your homeowners policy will cover them to a certain extent. UNLESS! They fall under the Collector/Collection category, in which case you would have to have a rider on your policy. For 30 machines it cost me an extra 30 bucks a year.
Cheap if you consider the alternative!
319473.jpg

Digger-ok thanks I’ll get in touch with my insurance man when I get back from snowmobiling

I'd have to find another agent that can get me something like that. Couple friends insured their farm tractors (IH of course!) And kept the company but went with someone 2 hours away. That is something I'm going to be looking into after what I just got dealt.
At least I won't have to use the blade anytime soon. 40+ degrees and rain forecasted.
I like the oilpan pics, really shows a good comparison of old and new.

Ron, thanks for the input. Ill keep that in mind when I dig in tomorrow afternoon.

Back