• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 13, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andrew, the 402-E would be for a Wide Frame. Under edit: Not sure about a 405 either, though I think it's for a Bolens.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Dennis Frisk,

I remember, several months ago, that you were talking about mowing after dark. I believe you also mentioned that you had installed a couple of auxilliary lights, under the "running boards" on your 982, to light up the ends of the deck at night. With my current work schedule, and the days ending earlier, the last couple of mowings have me mowing after dark also. What lights did you install, where did you install them? Are they in the way, or what would you have done differently. Any Pictures?

I would like to add a small, auxillary light, under each running board, on my 1450 that would light up each end of the deck, so I can see where I am mowing, and that could be repositioned to see the end of the blade in the winter.... again find myself pushing snow after dark alot also..... I do not need something that will burn the shadow of the deck into the ground... but something bright enought so that I do not clip the trees, house, barn.... etc because of the deck being dark.

Has anyone else added any additional "work lights" on their Cubs?

Thanks Ken,

Do you happen to know what kind of lights he used. Someone suggested to me the small round "HID" style "driving lights". Not sure how those would hold up to the vibration. I would love to go with LED..... but that would increase the value of the tractor..... since LED work lights are still pricy.......

I'm working this week and next up here in Winnipeg, Canada! Don't seem to be able to find any yellow & white or even red Cubs! Oh well, I'll keep searchin'.... They've got to be here somewhere! Or maybe Charlie got'em all already! :cool:

The local county fair is going on this week here in Southeast Missouri. The local antique tractor club has a display every year at this fair. If you display a tractor, you get a free week long pass into the fair plus preferred parking also. A person from the club camps out there all week to keep an eye on the tractors. Hardest part of his job is keeping the young ones off the tractors.

Thought I would share a few pics of the Cub Cadets on display.

Nicely restored 108

230414.jpg

Next 3 tractors belomg to an 84yr old fried of mine. A 4 digit '61 Original, 102, and 122 all with cool attachments.

230415.jpg

230416.jpg

230417.jpg

My 100 with front blade and No.2 cart

230418.jpg

A few others

230419.jpg

230420.jpg

230421.jpg

Many others

230422.jpg

Charlie
Are the mounting brackets for the sickle mower similar on the bolens to the cub cadet, and if it is could the cub cadet run it?

Latest posts

Back