• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 13, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, new to the forum and to the Cub Cadet. I recently bought at CabCadet 100 from my brother in law. When I was cutting grass last weekend I lost power transfer. Wile the clutch appears to be engaged and drive shaft aft of the clutch is spinning I actually rolled backwards. Pushed it back to the garage and after looking through the manual adjusted the clutch play to spec. Still not working, but improved, I can find a sweet spot in the clutch pledal swing that causes forward motion, not full power however and when the clutch is fully released the drive shaft spins, but no power to the drive wheels.
this all seems counter intuitive to me. Has anyone had this problem?

George

George D.
You must have sheared a drive shaft pin.
They are sometimes hard to detect because they leave both ends sticking out.
Check it out, I'm bettin that's the problem.

Can someone post a picture of the cutting edge on a qa36a/qa42a snow blower.

My neighbour who plowed my driveway for beer money has moved - so I need to restore my snow blower that has been sitting out and rusting for 15 years.

Before I got it it sat in the grass and the cutting edge and bottom of the snow blower have dissolved into rust dust so I need to weld up a new one.

Any pictures as to what they are supposed to look like would be helpful.

Thanks.

George, First of all Welcome to the Forum,
WELCOME.gif
Also check the coupler at the rear of the drive shaft, you may have sheared a drive pin in the drive shaft side or the top shaft side, some time enough of the pin remains in the coupler to grab enough to make it move.IF so be sure to replace it with the double roll spiral pin

Paul B.,
You need to trade those 6-12's for some 8.5-12's. Then your 86 will look something like this:

230339.jpg

Thanks all for the responses on the cutting edge. I assumed it wasn't an available part. I'd much rather buy than build as free time is somewhat limited.

I should have checked with the sponsors as I think I've kept a few of them in business as I rebuild this tractor and various implements piece by piece.

Theyve pretty much put my 149 back together, Im sure they'll be happy to help yours as well. These tractors and implements are worth saving, kindof like everything made back then, built to last.

Like H E double hockey sticks you did !!
Where's the Open in New Window ... gawd I hate amateurs ....

GEEZ !

I tried making a clickable link pic but that doesn't work ... yet !

Oops.
Tried to upload a video but if failed the format test. So here's another pic as a substitute.
230376.jpg

Latest posts

Back