• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 12, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny - I tried to get him to go with this (in full size with mouse mapping)
64953.gif

but nooooooo ...
It would probably still be overlooked though, and do the same with the FAQ

Ken, thats pretty tricky. Stare at it for a few seconds, when the green changes over there is a pink hue over everything. You playing mind games with us ????
pcwhack.gif

Jerry H.
Nice paint job.
BUT, just what is that paint doing missing from that brass fitting?
And what about all that dirt on that frame rail?????
biggrin.gif

There's alot more missing paint than that , but who's counting
biggrin.gif

Geez.......Charlie.

I did not paint the suction tube when I had things all apart and I'm not sure where the dirt came from. (but it will clean up).

You don't miss a thing. Don't tell anyone you saw that and no one else will know.

I`am hoping that my offer on a 127 will go through,3 tractors (1 off topic )and counting.
later Don T

has any ever seen a Hawk Built ground saw on a Cub. I have ran across a 1966 122 with a very nice deck . snow blade. and the ground saw mounted on the 122. I feel this is a very rare find .Does anyone know anything about is piece of equipment. Let me know.

Hey Charlie...Don't forget the Hawk...It was introduced with the Cub Cadet 1x2/3 series as shown here.
Myron B
64989.jpg

How do you get the blades on the cast-end decks to line up? I have one I'm trying to get going on my 122. With no shims or washers they are 1/2" difference on one of them.
David

David S,

Take the deck belt off and check all of the spindle bearing assemblies.

Swap you blades around to confirm that they are straight. If they are, then the sheet metal is warped or bent. I have used a sledge and appropriately placed wooden blocks for support.

DO NOT BEAT ON OR PLACE BLOCKS UNDER CAST PARTS!!!!!

On a non Cast deck I have also run weld beads to pull the metal (semi controlled warping) to where I wanted it.

Cheers and good luck.

I know that it will work and it does make a difference in how the lawn looks.

David S
Check that the spindle bearing assemblies are assembled properly. There are spacers in the bearing stack. Could be some one rebuild one wrong.
There was a recent post about these, with a real good diagram on correct parts order.

Good Luck have fun.

DAVE S. - That's the biggest problem with the cast end decks...all three spindles mounted in those large pieces of CI. The next model newer decks with the open ends like on the 72/104/105 etc. used three identicle three-bolt spindle housings and only a CI pie-shaped piece in the front center section.
Dudley is correct that You'll need to use force to basically warp the steel stamping back into shape to align the blades. A large flat washer or two between the blades & spindles will correct a small amount of misalignment. You may have to use a series of blocks, jacks, a press or something to get the blade mounting surface of all three blades in the same plane. When You get the blades close to lining up spin the blades 180 Deg. so both ends line up the same against the ajacent blade, then spin the next or normally center blade and make sure it lines up the same against the first blade, then check against the last blade, spin the center blade again, then spin the last blade 180 deg. That checks all three blades for straightness and alignment. Spindle bearings must be tight also, they need a little freeplay or clearance or they overheat and ruin the bearings & seals.
Also make sure Your deck is hanging level after checking air pressure and equalizing in all four tires to the recommended pressures.

Dennis F.,
GREAT explanation on blade leveling / alignment!
thumbsup.gif

I'm glad you also included the points of making sure the deck is hanging level and equalizing tire air pressures.
Once upon a time, I had one front tire pressures drop to 6psi and the other was at 12 psi.
I was so surprised at the difference that made on the level of cut that it produced because of that.
I equalized the front tire pressures, and like magic, no more uneven cuts!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Just wondering - anyone noticed this topic?
wink.gif

The Machine Shop
Can't figure out your lathe? Do you use your angle-grinder more than your welder? Do you have moisture in your paint gun and paint in your moisture trap? This is the place to be.

'Tis the place to be posting your tool questions...

Latest posts

Back