• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 12, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
James C.
I kinda doubt it, since Lawnboy still carries almost everything for the old push mowers.
Did ya get the pics I sent the 2nd time?

I still haven't been able to get to the 104 with the 44" deck yet. I found a few rust issues on the spindles I had to correct but should have it on shortly, I also have the hydro pump ready to go back on the 1250 that needed the trunion shaft welded up. I have a paper gasket for the the connection to the transmission,is this OK or hsould I use a cork gasket? Thanks
ihrotate.gif

Hi Charlie
The deck is on my 782 and I don't know where to check for those pic in the mail system.The pushmower comment was a joke.
ihrotate.gif

My e-mail is [email protected]

I have a Hydro 129 and the book shows that the hydro/diff is fastened to the frame with 3 bolts on each side. Two bolts go into the differential housing and the third goes into a bracket in front of the diff. I do not have the front bracket that bolts to the frame. Can some one show me what that bracket looks like and where it bolts on the diff/hydro.
I appreciate any help.
Thanks
Earl LaMott

Charlie,
I forgot to answer your question on the deck, it is a 44 A\clipart {ihrotate}

OK,
On this 754-3003/954-3003 belt thing. I've been looking around and I've found 88" long and 89" long listed for the same freakin belt.
If anyone has one that still has the measurement on it, it sure would help clear things up.

MTD list them like this,
754-3003 USE 954-3003A BELT-V 5/8 X 89
754-3003A USE 954-3003A BELT-V 5/8 X 89
IH-135469-C1 USE 954-3003A BELT-V 5/8 X 89

I have some more pictures of the 73. Someone was asking what the gas tank looked like.
64920.jpg

64921.jpg

64922.jpg

64923.jpg

I own a 1965 IH 70 series with a 7hp Kohler. It ran strong the first 2 years I owned it. I do all the maint on it and for some reason this year it will start and run strong and then slowly stop. Fresh gas,oil,new plug....I checked the points and they seemed fine.I flushed and cleaned the carb, filter and it is getting gas...Also after it stalls, it won't start right away. After a few minutes, it will fire right up and then we start over..Any ideas would be great, thanks

Tim - Could be stopped up air vent in the gas cap. Leave it a little loose and see if it does it. Second try would be coil going bad.

Tim,
Two things that can happen when an engine warms up and quites running are a sticky exhaust valve or a bad coil. You could try running some Seafoam or Marvels Mystery Oil in the gas or a new coil and condenser. I am sure there are other things it could be as well I just remember those two right now.

Hi Digger
dunno.gif
Well it looks like I'm going to take the deck up to Carquest today and try 1/2" belts until I know. Thanks for the help
ihrotate.gif

James - Automotive belts wont last no time. They're constructed to run in one plane, not twist and run on their edge like L&G belts. Now if they sell Gates Green Belts go for it. You'll like those.

Thanks Ken that was what I was intending to get,around here you can buy lawn mower parts at Car Quest, Kohler engine parts and l&g belts.

Charlie,

I have used a Gates B-89 belt (5/8" x 89") for the mule drive belt on my 782 w/44C deck for many years without any problems.

Earl L,

Check out the neutral adjustment instructions on the cubfaq.com web site which you can get to at top of page.
http://cubfaq.com/neutraladjust.html

You will see a photo of the hydro/transmission removed from the frame and the zee shape brackets that attach to the frame are clearly shown on each side by the hydro.

I am getting ready to cleanup and paint my 126. Who ever rebuilt the motor last painted it Chevy engine orange. I would like to paint it in CC yellow. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what type of paint? I have been using Federal Yellow from the Case dealer on everything else.

Thanks

cscannon

Charlie.

Maybe you should change the wording on the faq's to infrequenty asked questions.
rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back