• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 12, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie P,
Thanks for the links. I have viewed those pages but I wasn’t sure if the federal Yellow (483) paint from Case or MTD would stand up to the heat from the engine.

cscannon

Chris C.
No paint is going to stay on the fins and around the exhaust port hole. It all burns off.
We can't keep everything pretty ya know.
biggrin.gif

Chris C.,
You may want to consider doing what many of the "Puller Dudes" and simply don't paint the engine fins or the carb, they run them bare. It allows them to run cooler, which is a good thing with these air-cooled engines. Lastly, it wouldn't give you that 'burnt yellow' look.
lazerburn.gif

Ryan W
beerchug.gif

has anyone been able to disassemble the matinence minder on a queitline? Mines working good, but Id like to replace the glass. It sticks out like a sore thumb on my restored 1450?

Curtis P.
There's been several peel the bezel up and replace the plastic with new. It just takes a lot of time and patience to make sure you don't break it or bend it to the point of not being able to get it back on.

Charlies P and Ryan W,
Thanks for the advice. I wasn't sure if someone made high temp engine paint in Cub colors. My 126 is a workhorse, not a show piece. I was just wanted to get that Chevy orange off of it.

cscannon

Curtis P -

3M Plastic Polish and a rag. No disassembly required.

Hey, Digger,,,,,,, can ya spare an extra cup for me?
coffee.gif

biggrin.gif

Ryan W

2 moderators in a row ... it's a conspiracy by the establishment I tell ya ...

Everybody start the weekend early ??

Latest posts

Back