• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 10, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
Marlin turned the page. Archive bug gone to bed now, too. Post 'em if you got 'em.
happy.gif

Marlin - JBWeld it !
<font size="-2">I hope he tosses and turns all night</font>
<font size="-2">Go Green my BUTT !</font>

KEN - I saw Marlin's comment too. There's more than enough questions on the other brand's site to let everyone know that those green things DO break down frequently.

Saw a post a year ago where people who have NEVER driven an IH tractor with a Torque Amplifier were bashing them. The "Variator" used on the little green lawn mowers seems to be JD's answer to IH's T/A. Dad had two T/A equipped IH tractors for a total of eight years, and replaced one T/A before he learned how important keeping them adjusted properly was. It seems like the Variators are more like a "hand clutch" than a speed reduction device, move the lever and STOP!

I sprayed the yard Friday afternoon, used the old CC 70 to run the sprayer. For a 46 yr old tractor that was rode hard and put away wet TWICE every week for ten years early in it's life it ran great. It needs so much work on so many things I don't even know where to start, but it just keeps running!

Good Morning, All!!!
230255.gif
I knew that remark about going green would wake everyone up. This spring we had to sell the 318 to get the van another A/C compressor unit so I never did get a chance to drive it. I am keeping the MF10 and hopefully this winter a young man from Indianola can get it up and running for me. (He is a Massey Ferguson enthusiast.)

KENtuckyKEN. The hoses are gettng bad also where I connect the Dakota's fuel filter to. I'll try the JB Weld though. That darn truck has cost me more time from working on the Cub Cadets then I care to think of. Only 235,000 miles on the critter.

I've decided that I need a portable stand to hold the engines that I am working on. I noticed yesterday the neighbor haa an old push mower sitting out to be tossed. Hmmm... wheels!!!

Well the sumer rush is over and the kids are back in school. The engine on the 1100 internally detonated and made it's way to the scrap metal pile. I've built up a K321 and am now attempting to shoehorn it into the 1100 chassis. If anyone has some guidance I'd sure appreciate it. the 1100 setup was similar to a QL, with the ioslation mounts and side rails. The driveshaft has both ends flex mounted. I'll post pics soon.

ROBERT - If it was me, I'd find a rolling chassis from a 1X8/1X9 and drop that K321 in it. That's IF it isn't an "AQS" series engine, then I'd find a 1X00/1X50.

Those darn Quietlines make swapping engines around much harder than it needs to be.

Dennis, I already have the 125, 127, and 129's. This is the only one w/o an eninge and it's in GREAT shape sp I figued why not. He he he always something going on in the shop!

ROBERT - I looked at the section in my service manual a while ago at the drivetrain on those style tractors, the BELT, right angle gearbox, and the Peerless transmission all seemed "Complicated" to me compared to the 3-speeds.

I will say it seems like lawn mowers that use the Peerless transmission seem to need to have repairs done to them more frequently than the 3-spd CC's.

When we used to have to run the 70 between farms to mow, bit over half a mile, the last half on a heavily traveled blacktop I always thought a CC needed a faster road gear, 10-12 MPH, but now, not so much.

I'd like to know where DonT got the GIF of himself and Frank ?

Marlin - You gonna pass that cookie jar around or hog it all day ?
Send that little MF10 down here to somebody that actually likes RED/Grey tractors !

Dennis - Cub Cadets need a 9-spd UP gear box for road gear
biggrin.gif

KEN - Yep, the ONLY good reason I know for owning a '61/'63 CC is the fact they are the ONLY model that you can install one of those really rare M&W 9-speeds in, the UD/OD version. The ones like Bill DeTurke has... think he talked to someone at M&W and only about 100 were EVER made. Think Charlie has 2-3 stashed away in his barn too.

How bout I just post as found pics instead of trailer coming home pics!
102 with creeper gear and rear PTO.
230264.jpg

102 with creeper gear and deck.
230265.jpg

1250 with hydraulic lift, never had one before!
230266.jpg

Charlie - Actually it's the TRAILER we like seeing
biggrin.gif

<font size="-2">Lucky bastage !</font>
a_weep.gif
aaaa_tongue2.gif

Hey CHARLES I just thought of something ...

Why not sell some of those <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet Magnets you carry in your pocket !!!!!!

KENtuckyKEN. Angel found that cookie jar one awhile back. Right now I could sure go for some cookies. JB Weld didn't work on the Dakota's gas line since I couldn't stop the flow good enough and it is a hard spot to get up there. I also ruined a neighbor's red car ramps when the Dakota overshot them while Angel was guiding me onto them. Now I owe him a new set of those. I've decided to just swallow my pride and let the local garage fix the stupid fuel line. There goes more Cub funds. That little Massey is so very close to the year and appearance of the one my folks had when I was on the farm.

Charlie P. It looks like you've found a couple of Clarence's cousins. Are you going to keep them? Good find though.

Frank - Im all too familiar with the sheared roll pins in the driveshafts breaking going uphill, thank god for the breaks too or I'dve been in bad shape the other day, so now it has a grade eight bolt and mylar lock nut in the roll pins place. hopefully itll hold up better

I'd show ya the flags at our place and Old Glory flying at half staff, but you've all seen them before. BUT, there's something else we all NEED to see and remember!
230268.jpg

Glen-

Grade 8 bolts will destroy the driveshaft and coupler. I have removed them from several tractors I have acquired, and I consequently had to replace the driveshaft and couplers in each of those tractors. If you are breaking spirol pins, you need to figure out why. I suspect you have a worn driveshaft and coupler to begin with. You have not solved the problem, you just moved it somewhere else...

No pics with this one. Oh, maybe just one:
230282.jpg

This is Shadow, one of my pride and joys. But I digress (typical, for me)--
I had a strange thing happen today. Last year my next door neighbor went back to New York (upstate) and bought a 149 with mower deck and lights (just 1 headlight) for $400. He said he wouldn't have bought it if he hadn't thought I'd want it so I bought it from him (pics to follow - someday). I put an hour meter on it (if you measure time in tenths of an hour -- you just might be a redneck) and so help me I mowed tall grass today for 3 hours and still haven't run out of gas. I'm more used to 2 hours on a tankful. Should I do a motor job???

Charlie (or anyone else): Was hydraulic lift an option on 1250's? The one I bought just a couple weeks ago has it. I just assumed a PO had added it, but now I seem to recall reading once before that they could be ordered with hydraulics.

Mine is still on my brother's trailer at my Mom's farm. One of these days I'll get it home and take a pic or two.

Latest posts

Back