• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 06, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nathan, did you send an e-mail to Charlie and ask if he had some brushes/springs that didnt on the catalog. He rebuilds them so maybe he can help.

hey guys, I'm new here and having prob with cub 104. the tranny or rearend is slipping. the clutch is new and adjusted fine. but the drive shaft is turning going into gear box any ideas?

Michael W.
If it were me, I'd make absolutely sure that the shaft going into the tranny is turning.
Sometimes it looks like everything is moving, but a sheared pin can fool you.
What happens if you jack up the rear end and try and rotate the tires with the tractor in gear?
If they roll over real easy, I'd check for a sheared pin in the drive shaft.

I want to make sure I get the right guy here Charlie who? I would like to get the springs and brushes coming soon

Nathan W: Charlie who? What rock have you been living under all your life?

Myron B

Myron - He's the King of Crash, the Colossal of Clout - The Great Bambino! (Sorry- just watched "The Sandlot" this weekend....

"You're killin' me Smalls!""

Don't worry Nathan... We're all new once. Charlie owns this joint, and decides when we can and can not actually post here. (Like a few weeks ago when he turned us off cold turkey...)

He also runs a little website called Cub Cadet Specialties. It's one of the sponsor boxes above. Apparently some people call him "Digger". You could click on his last post and shoot him an email...

Man! The Sand Lot. One of the greatest movies ever.

A guy I know worked at his fathers dealership in the late 60's,told me his job on top of unpacking the boxes the cubs came in and getting them ready for delivery was to switch the covers over to the new and improved vented one,threw the solid ones in the scrap pile.He still works the parts dept at a Case IH dealer near me.

Thanks guy and BTW my Wife still has not seen sandlot so doesn't understand Killing me Smalls. Can't seem to find at video store. Any who that's who I though you all where talking about, but didn't want to spam the wrong guy with emails, and such. I have been onto the store where he sells parts, but seen brushed, but no springs. Thanks for the help, and Ill send him an email soon.

Latest posts

Back