• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 01, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friend should pull the check valves and pour oil in to help prime system......at best, it works again, at worst the hydro got toasted by starving it for oil......

Charlie P,

Very interesting info on IH's use of Tecumseh parts on the Cub Cadet line. I was not aware of that. Learn something new every day. Thanks
greenthumb.gif

Hydro,

I believe the first picture in George Z's latest post on the previous page was a copy of what he first posted with his original query regarding inadequate clearance with his new hydro fan. The second picture in his recent post shows the pin in the correct position and the lift clevis pivoting as it should.

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 116
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 123
Earl-

Did you thoroughly clean all the passageways in the carb, and also make sure the main jet is clear? If its not, it won't matter whether or not you put in a carb kit, or how you adjust it...it won't run.

...Especially the little pin holes in the side of the main jet needle.

Hey guys...I have a question for the collective brain trust.. I have a circa 1970 model 126 that has a complete new drive line, from the engine, all the back to the transaxle. Everything is new. I have a problem of the drive shaft spinning when the clutch is disengaged and the tractor is stopped and in neutral. When you push the clutch in with the engine running at any speed, the still spinning driveline is causing the gears to grind when you attempt to put it in gear and start out, or shift from forward to reverse and vise/versa. The clutch linkage is correctly adjusted and the tractor stops pulling when the clutch reaches the disengage position right before the brakes engage..My question is. Will a dry pilot bushing and driveshaft bind up enough to keep the driveshaft spinning just enough to cause the gear grinding? I'm pretty sure it was was left without grease being applied at refitment of the engine into the frame. Anyone have any ideas how to correct this? I have looked and know the clutch is operating properly, but that shaft still spins..

Thanks
John Mitchell

You are onto it......pilot bushing and engine alignment.

I had one so bad once I took the Dremmel with a sanding drum to the inside of the pilot bushing....fixed it right up!

Local c-list had a nice looking 169 for $125. Said hydro was leaking as reason for selling. Contacted him an hour after it was posted and he said he already had several contacts. Ad is now gone so I missed out. Anyone here grab it?

Pat W,
Steve gave some good advice. One additional word of advice is to not be on the seat when working the hydro lever back and forth to see if it primes. Best to do that with the rear end blocked up off the ground and the front tires blocked in place so nothing can roll anywhere. If it primes and goes, the ride may be more abrupt than you will enjoy.
Shift.gif
Safety first.

Attachments

• Shift.gif
    Shift.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 119
Doug I was intrigued by that same add seemed almost to good to be true...a169 for $125 plus the hole getting to Rhode Island thing,I could have said I grabbed it

Doug sorry,I ment to say I wish I could have said I grabbed it

Latest posts

Back