• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 01, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekincaid

displayname
Ethan Kincaid
As a parts counter man I'd love to do a physical inventory on Charlie's newly acquired bins I'd bet there's very interesting stuff to be had there

SHULTZY - My sister-in-law was driving my wife's car bringing my mother-in-law home from work as a 5th grade school teacher. Old lady in a new Coupe DeVille pulls out of the grocery store parking lot right in front of them, Sister-in-law swerved clear over to the left side curb, luckily no on-coming cars. Old lady never really did stop, the crease started right behind the front wheel and ended at the back bumper of the '70 Firebird, car had just been repainted 2 months before, incidently, at the bodyshop just 2-3 feet from where the accident happened. Cop Shop was a block away, Mother-in-law stopped in to file accident report. The Official Illinois Insurance Commission came back as my Sister-in-law's fault. Cops recognized the description of the Caddy, They call the old lady's Son, who ran one of the insurance company's in town.
Old lady finally made a mistake a year or so later, pulled out in front of a service truck belonging to the rural electric company. Cops and the old lady's son tried to once again sweep the incident under the rug but the manager of the power company, who happened to live next door to my in-laws suggested to the Son to tear up Mom's license and sell the car or prepare to fight a court battle he couldn't afford or ever win.

Moral of this story is, I hope your video is enough to make the cops change who was at fault, but I wouldn't want to bet on it like it's a sure thing.

Charlie,

The RER Cadet 60 was the only Tecumseh engine used in IH Cadets that I know of. Later RER models and Cadet Lawn Tractors used B&S 5-11 hp engines. Cub Cadets were all Kohler up until the low cost QL 1100 model was introduced which used a B&S 11 hp engine. The 82 Series was more diversified utilizing B&S (482/582 16hp), Kohler (682/782) 17 hp and Onan (982 19.9 hp).

After MTD took over, I'm sure the engine makes changed radically but never kept up with all that.

Ron S - hey, need to you look at George L's pics on the previous page and answer questions.

I don't know if the pin is in the correct hole now.

Ron S.
Even the Original has Tecumseh parts, LOL
Original Clutch Release Thrust Washer PN/ IH-306970-R1 USE TC-780007

As do the 182 and 382,
Flanged Bushing PN/ PE-780105 USE TC-780105A

Same with the 482, 582, 1100
Right angle drive cover gasket PN/ IH-76389-C1 USE TC-788028

Snowthrower / Blower or Tiller Oil Seal PN/ IH-485306-R1 Use TC-788025
Thrower models C36, CC42, CW36, QA36, QA42, QA36A, QA42A, and QA36B

Fits Tiller Gearbox Models 1, 1A, 2, 2B

I could go on and on.
Last example,

Original, 70, 100, 71, 72, 76, 80, 81, 182, 282, 382 Gear drive, 382 and 383 hydro,
102, 111, 122, 123, 382 Gear and 383 Hydro

Hydraulic lift arm assembly dowel pin, PN/ IH-76425-C1 USE TC-786026

Everyone must be on vacation this Labor Day weekend.
I am spending it at home laboring mostly on my tractors.
construction.gif

Attachments

• construction.gif
    construction.gif
    883 bytes · Views: 138
I've been lurking..

Nothing to really report, still need to make time for the 169, and waiting for Harry to give us an update / evaluation on his engine modification.

I had a very productive yesterday. Finally got dad's 1450 rear end swapped with one from my roller. Did like Steve B. Had suggested and changed pumps from one to the other. Along with the brake rod because it now has internal brakes. Other than some final adjustment today for drive speed and brake pedal, it's good to go for dad finally.

Decided to mess with 782 today, carb is still giving me problems. Testing tank mounted above engine and jets open until loose, full choke, it's still starving for gas. New clean plugs and points, adjusted properly. I'm at a loss. Would it be better to find another good carb and start over?

And dad's 1450 is dry underneath! I'm happy for that! No leaks!

I've rebuilt it once and torn back apart 3 times now. Either I messed something up or there is something I just don't see. No matter what right now it can't get enough fuel.

Could worn throttle are/or choke shafts be causing this? I didn't think about it until now. I had that issue on the 100 carb last year and ended up just swapping it for another I had. I didn't have a problem with lack of fuel, I just couldn't tune it. I may go try the grease trick to see what happens

That's one "effed"up exhaust on that 149.carbon monoxide sale in isle three

Earl,

Are you setting the float correctly? If the needle valve won't open, you won't get any fuel.....

"Asking for a friend" Recently serviced '67 123 hydro filter came off during operation. Believe it may have run dry. Pulled the backing plate, drained fluid, cleaned the housing, installed a new filter/ fluid.....not moving. Friend would appreciate any help!

Back