• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 30, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
31902.jpg

A couple interesting shots of my modified 12" Brinly opening a land at PD10 with Chris E. right behind. It was a real SOB trying to take the photos and drive straight too!!!!

31905.jpg

31906.jpg

NOte the long green straw below....made for a tough time....

Honest Officer! This really is my stuff, I'm giving it to the guy on the other end here!
31913.jpg

And your gonna put all this stuff in this little trailer???????????
31914.jpg

Today was FREE PARTS DAY at Travis's. I got there early and got all my stuff and dint hang around long enough to get a pic of Hugh's FULL load. I knew when it was time to leave!
biggrin.gif

Thanks to Roland, Kevin and Richard and anyone else who helped out, I got my old 1250 fired up and running. Roland that schematic was invaluable. Once I got the wiring correct and the points set right she fired up like nothing flat and she's gonna be cutting this Bama grass come next spring. Thanks again Tim Ham.

Charlie- Yup it all fit into the trailer and truck wonder what my GVW was!! Took the "Scenic Route" home
bouncy.gif
And when I got home I had a message that a local church has accepted my bid on a 982 with a blower so that is coming home next weekend so it was a good cub day.
drool.gif

Some of you may have seen this before for wheel weights. It is the center of a farmall H wheel. They fit perfectly in the lip of the Cub Cadet wheel. I have the wide wheels so I turned the hub to the inside. My Dad has some H front wheel weights that I may add. The wheel centers weigh 24lb each. The only draw-back is they are 3-hole so only one hole lines up. I don't think that will become a problem, but if it does I will throw a pc of flatstock on the wheel and use two holes in the Cub Cadet wheel. How much total weight are some of you running? I currrently have 24lb per wheel and 40lb in my weight box,and I believe the H front weights will add another 20+ lb per side.
31917.jpg

Tim, Glad to hear that you got your 1250 up and running again. One of my buddies has a couple of quietlines, and I know he sure does like em'. What can I say, I don't mind running em' either
happy.gif
. But his are gear drives, and all I can say to that is, Man I love geardrives
buttrock.gif

I made a few modifications to my homemade lawn areator...transport wheels make life much easier!!!!

31922.jpg

31923.jpg

31924.jpg

Hey all --

Had a good time at the IHCC Chapter 18 10th anniversary banquet in Fitchburg MA. I talked about alot of stuff but you know alot of it was about Cub Cadets. Also saw some really nice fall colors.

Steve B. did your books ever get delivered?

I have 8 article deadlines to try to get finished before Thanksgiving so I might submerge for a while.

Over and out.

I currently am experiencing some trouble with my 1250 hydro. I've surfed the archives but yet to get my answer. My battery(it's new) seems to be discharging at rest. My charge indicator is slightly leaning towards the charge side at rest and running. And lastly the tractor once running will cut out when the electric pto is engaged. If disengaged it comes back. I suspect the charging system. How can it be tested?

Charlie, Hugh, did you leave any Cub parts at Travis' place?

STEVE - Your plow is handling all that trash really Good!
thumbsup.gif
Wish I could play with My leaves... get done with all My fall yardwork.... I've got a couple trees that haven't even changed color yet.

SB -

Gonna drive that around for Halloween? Looks like something Freddy would love
lol.gif

Paul B:

Here is a simplified Schematic for a Q/L charging system. With a good VOM meter, you can check for the proper voltages. The 14.7 VDC is measured to the battery negative or chassis ground and is considered the Maximum Value. Although it is not mentioned, it would be safe to assume that 12.0 VDC would be a Minimum. In addtion, these voltages are measured with the motor at 3600 RPM's or full throttle.

31928.jpg

Now the issue of the electric PTO stalling your motor maybe of poor or no charging. It could also be a shorting wire connection or shorting coil. Again, a VOM can determine this.

Hope this helps,

(Message edited by rbedell on October 31, 2005)

For those wanting to order Ken Updike's new book, MBI is offering a 20% Halloween Discount today.....

Travis, Charlie, and Hugh. It's good to see all those Cubby parts being recycled.
beerchug.gif

Steve B. That aerator is awesome!! Good job. Just needs some yellow and white paint.

Dennis F. Almost all the trees around here are either turned color or have lost their leaves. Since only the neighbors have the trees, I don't need to worry about raking.
biggrin.gif

Back