• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 30, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hank -

You could always start a thread in the "big brothers" topic
wink.gif

Bryan, great idea. :eek:)

Hank, Bryan tagged you, you're it. Sounds like photo posting time to me. :eek:)

Kraig -

And people say we're inflexible here
whistling.gif

so many threads -- so little time. And I wanted to use the rules to let ME off the hook
biggrin.gif

as Eric Cartman would say : Bryan you'r busting my Ba!!s man bustin my ba!!s!
bouncy.gif

OK let me go dig up some hemp pictures...and I will see about a reefer madness topic.

so let it be written -- so let it be done
thumbsup_old.gif

(Message edited by owill on November 01, 2005)

Hank -

Respect mah a'thoritay...
lol.gif

Probably nobody thinking mower decks anymore but here is a picture of 2 decks with equal run times, both cleaned 2 months ago. The one on the left had the Roland B. cover hole modification to allow blowing it out after each use. I was mowing in dry conditions or the one with the clippings in it would have looked worse. You be the judge, but for me all of my decks get the mod now.

31977.jpg

Richard,

Please repost pics of that mod.

Well, the design was a brain storming concept last May. I complained to Richard in a phone call, about all the trash under the cover of my 50C. After tossing a few ideas around, we came up with the idea of being able to blow out the trash clippings. Richard went with round holes in his cover while I went with the square opening. I do not have two decks to compare with, but I agree with Richard and experienced a lot cleaner pulley area once this area can be cleaned out with compressed air. I am definitely pleased with this modification. THANKS Richard, for your input on this project.
31981.jpg

31982.jpg

Heh, he said balls
err.gif

Bryan I've got that in an mp3 format too. Whole bunch of them from SP in fact...

Just went back and looked at the original deck post.

Very cool idea!

Dennis,
You would be right! I think that what commonly known in Indiana as "Ditch weed".
worthy.gif
deadat30.gif

Paul B & Roland,

Just a note on the voltages. While 14.7 volts is a maximum in a charging system, truthfully anything above 12 volts bwtween the voltage reg output and ground means that the battery is being charged. However how well the battery is being charged is directly related to the voltage output. If the output is 12 volts the battery may never get fully charged. When checking the voltage be sure to set meter on its Volts DC (VDC) setting and check in the correct polarity (red to the regulatory output and black (-) to ground. A zero or negative reading suggests that the battery is either not being charged. Assuming the voltage is at acceptable level. You can check for current flow (which is different from voltage) by placing an amp meter in the line between the regulator output and the battery positive. This will show you how much current the alternator is putting out. Why is this important?????? If you think about your battery charger, it probably has 2 to three settings. Normal charge, fast charge, and maybe start. Each of these settings correspondes to increasing the speed with which the battery is charged. And the same is true of all charging systems. Voltage output does not indicate current flow and both are required to charge a battery. If either does not exist in sufficient quantities your battery will not be charged.}

Ditch We-he-he-ed !

Good stuff is legal for meds in Montana ! !

Hemp is promoted for fiber biomass here.

Did you know that Rudolph invented his engine with the intent of running it on hemp based fuel ?

It's gonna be back.

I'm kinda off topic. But I guess you could harvest with an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet and Haban sickle bar mower.

Hey Bryan,
I notice the C,N-W,R line. Hope this ain't the on you take home!
31985.jpg

Tom H. -

Where was that taken? And where'd ya find it??

Yesterday's "issue" was "slippery rail." Funny, the express blasted right around us with no problem at all, yet we were s-l-o-w-i-n-g to a crawl by the time we got to the top of the hill by Makray. Can ya say little engine that could?
lol.gif

I wonder what they're gonna do in January!

Hey Charlie-

Here is a pic from back-in-the-days with the High Times cover type background blacked out. I was 29 Y.O at that time.

<center>
31987.jpg
</center>

Latest posts

Back