• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 29, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay Kraig is this better?

96131.jpg

96132.jpg

96133.jpg

Good Afternoon Gentlemen,
I was wondering if any has a wiring diagram for an electric lift. I can't find a harness so I would like to make my own.

Thank You
mark

Twenty-Six pound wheel weights for under Twenty Dollars.
96137.jpg

2 tin popcorn $5 each, 1 bag concrete $4, and 8 3/8"x5" bolts $3.
Remove wheel set on top of tin and mark for bolt holes.
96138.jpg

Drill marks at edge of tin and add bolts leaving 4" of bolts inside of tin secured with two nuts.
96139.jpg

Place tin with bolts in wheel and adjust bolts. I used 3/8" for play in 1/2" holes and leaned bolts to the inside of the tin.
96140.jpg

Mix concrete and fill. I filled to a depth of 5 inches that put the outside edge at the end of the valve stem. I also added some plastic fence for extra strength.
96141.jpg

Let concrete set then cut tin off at top off concrete.
96142.jpg

Glue on tin lid with some type of construction adhesive.
96143.jpg

Paint and mount.
96144.jpg

Hardest part is waiting for concrete and paint to dry.

That looks like a good idea for weights. I had been looking for an idea like that. I saw a kit online that was expensive, but similar. Is that 26lbs per wheel that way? I had been contemplating making a form, so that I could install a large weight off the rear on bracket. I thought the concrete would be an inexpensive way of getting the weight vs steel, and you could form it to fit over a weight bracket. Is there a maximum safe weight for the rear of a 140? Are there any other ideas for these wheel weights or rear weights?
Thanks
Jeff

Got my front tires from Cub Cadet Classics yesterday, coming along pretty good. Ordered a couple of engine parts and in another week or two should have that done.
beerchug.gif

96156.jpg

96157.jpg

96158.jpg

Hey Guys,
I enjoy your posts, they have helped me tremendously.
I wouid like to tear my 1450 down and do the things Richard C does to his, but I am a little leary of my skills\knowledge at this point.
I am new to this forum, and I'm having problems with my 1450. Earlier this summer I had a coupler fail, I replaced both couplers on the drive shaft, and probably haven't had over 20 hours mowing time on them, and one has failed (front) while I was discing the garden. Is this a common problem? Also, seems to me that the shaft isn't seating in the rear coupler (one attached to the Hydro, is it supposed to, cause if it is, it would appear the engine isn't back far enough. Would appreciate your thoughts\help on this. Should also note that I just put wheel weights on. would that cause the couplers to fail?
Thanks again for a wonderful forum, and a great bunch of pics.
I was really taken in by the plow day pics, so much so, that I have picked up a rear lift and sleeve hitch to go with the plow and cultivator I got from my Dad and neighor.
Brad

Thats a really neat idea Tim, I may have to try that. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me or something, that cub looked really familer to me somehow. Took me about a minute but my mind did figure it out (its been a long day!) Hope your happy with the old girl, looks like she'll have a good home with you. Looking forward to some pics of her and that plow in action.
happy.gif

Brad, how are your couplers failing? do they break in two? Most of the time its the roll pin that fails
1a_scratchhead.gif

Back