• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken. Nice looking 782. (Now I am really longing for the 782D to get here. Angel keep saying to be patient.)

Graeme. Welcome on board. Neat little Cub. A beach Cub would definitely be a change. Go for it.

I'm off to get the 125 ready for a coworker to try out and see if a Cub Cadet will fit into their yard work plans.

ok to make sure im counting right, volts x amps = watts right? Which means my 15 amp can handle 180 watts. But is dc like ac current. In ac, u shouldn't run over 80%.is this the same for dc

Stott T.
You are going to flush the rear end on that cub soon I hope. That little breather on top of the rear end acts like a funnel when you power wash a Cub. It always amazes me how much water you can get through that little opening.

Jeff B:

You are correct. It doesn't matter if it is AC or DC, same formula.

thumbsup.gif

Roland, when you rewired your Cubs, did you make the harness on a bench then put it in, or go wire by wire thru the underside?

Allen S:

Of the Cubs that I rewired, I wired and routed the wires to my liking, wire by wire. I used 14AWG wire, except for Battery Cables. I tried to stay the same color where I could, for duplication to the diagrams.

I installed the cab this weekend. I noticed the exhaust smell in the cab is quite strong. I decided to make a muffler extension. I think its a little long. I might hack some off.
43466.jpg

43467.jpg

43468.jpg

43469.jpg

43470.jpg

43471.jpg

43472.jpg

43473.jpg

43474.jpg

I'm glad the plowday went well, I appreciate the pictures that have been posted. Next year I need to be there.

Hey guys,
I could use a little help, I have a 16hp in a 169 looks as if it belongs to a 1650. I can't seem to get up into the mid range of the throttle or it will die on me. I dont think it is in the ignition, I am more inclined to believe it is in the fuel. My problem is that the main jet will not come out of the carb. the slot in the bottom is striped out. I have the carb soaking in hydroseal carb and part cleaner in hopes that it may loosen up any matter that may be stuck in there so I can hopefully blow the crud out. Is there anything else I could do to get it cleaned out. I thought I might have a #30 carb with it being a 16 horse but it doesnt say anything in the throat of it like I have been told it would. So I guess what I would like to also know is that if I was to ruin the carb. trying to get the main jet out would I be able to run one off from a 12 horse?
TIA Rick

Charlie, I wish I did have pict. I am not able to figure posting pict at all, I am sure it is very easy but I just can't seem to get it figured out.
Rick

Scott,

Thanks for the dual hydro pics. Pics speak louder than words. Your right about the tight fit under the hood. I went with heavier lines and fittings on my deck hydros when I blew a line a few weeks ago. Quite the chore getting them in. If lighter more flexible lines suffice, I suggest that.

Hey guys, Saw this picture on ebay and couldn't help but ask what might have caused this. never seen something like this before.
43491.jpg

Hmm, symmetrical damage to the piston head and head. It almost looks like the poster tried to clean up the mess. but all those pits could be caused by a small piece of metal or something getting sucked into the combustion chamber and bouncing around a bit before the engine conked out completely. Methinks it could be a piece of broken spark plug electrode.

GLEN COLEMAN - On Your gasoline leak, I've seen several carb float bowls pit & rust almost completely through. If these Cubbies sit for an extended time the water from the condensation in the gastank can cause corrosion on the bottom of the float bowls

I'm almost ready for snow, I just have to install the tire chains.
43496.jpg

But I still have tons of leaves to plow!

Latest posts

Back