• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graeme, where is the battery mounted on your 102? Looks like the gas tank is mounted in the battery's location.

Terry B,
GREAT JOB on the exhaust pipe extension!

However, I wouldn't cut it shorter - but I rather I'd add a "flopper" exhaust hat to the top. It'll keep the rain/snow out of it; and if you have little kids around, it may discourage them from being drawn to drop acorns, stones, small tools into such openings!

RW
beerchug.gif

Help Anyone!!!

After bragging how reliable my 149 has been for the past several years I started it up this past weekend and let it run for a while to charge the battery. While it was running an intermittent whine developed. The whine then became constant. I can't tell if it's in the hydro or the engine. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,

Jimmy Mac

Jim, my guess would be that it's in the hydro, does the whine change when you drive it or when you use the hydraulic lift? When was the last time you changed the filter and or Hy-Tran?

Got the trans. and rearend sitting up so I can sand and paint notice when I pulled the wheels that the axle moved in and out 1/16 of an inch is this normal?

Yes I got manuals coming but if I need to shim or repair now is the time!

Cool; Cub Cadet dune buggy is there no end to what we can use these things for. Also need to see more PD pictures!

Pops (Question is on my 1976 1000)

Ryan and Terry, I used to run a "flapper" or rain cap on my exhaust pipe on my 149, but the vibration broke the cheap welds on it, so ,I got the pipe you all see on my profile pics installed, and the elbow at the top keeps rain and snow out, and doesn't rattle at idle like the rain caps do. Glen

Ben, I believe that the movement you see is normal, the axles are held in place by a snap ring that is near the end of the axles inside the differential. The movement is the clearance between the snap ring and the differential.

Kraig: Thank you, pretty much figured that with nominal wear and such. Had a 108 many many years ago that I blew the rearend out twice easy to change but this old brain has worked on 2 many things since.

Beside there is a lot of wisdom here got to ask some good questions every once in awhile to keep you guys sharp!!

Pops

Richard C
thx for the heads up... I was going to change the fluid anyhoo... The fitting there has a pipe plug in it....

Of interesting note, that trunion slot on this is like new.... no wear at all... SWEET

Kraig,

I'm going to try the hydraulic lift today and will post. The filter and fluid were changed last season, but I checked the level and it was full, and pretty clean.

Jimmy Mac

Latest posts

Back