• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 28, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrubaker

displayname
Jeff Brubaker
ok just wondering now, can u buy bigger starter generators for a 128 that would bolt on where the factor 15 amp went?

Jeff if you try this little trick you won't need a bigger starter/generator. Ilearned this from my brother, he had problems with his cub Loboy, if you run a direct ground with a large ground wire (10 gauge or under) to the negative post on the battery it cranks almost instantly. You'll be amazed. James

Hi Glen,

Regarding dual hydro controls on a QA. My 1650 has both contorl levers on the left side of the engine cover. I wish I could recall details right now, but both levers exit the side of the machine from the same hole in the cover. Inside lever runs lift arms and cam for elevation of mower deck, snow blade, snow blower, rear lift, etc. Outside lever runs the front hydro ports for the power snow blade. Wish I could provide pics; perhaps a digital camera is in the works for Christmas.

james
I just want a bigger generator for more lights
biggrin.gif

but if someone does know if u can put bigger ones on than 15 let me know

Wild Bill...
I used Castrol super clean, which you can get at wally world, and my Husky pressure washer.... took about 4 tries, apply, soak, blast, repeat....
err.gif

Jeff
you could add an alternator to your 12 hp kohler, they'll give 30+ additional amps. You'll need the flywheel, stator, and voltage regulator/rectifier off of a 1250/QL cub....

Allen S. - I just might replace the knuckles. Between the play in the steering assembly, the knuckles, and the axle, there is a considerable amount of accumulated slop. Not awful, but if it can be improved somewhat, I might as well.

Hey guys thought I would share a couple pics of my 782,-LET FREEDOM RING-
43430.jpg

43431.jpg

SNOW PLOUGH ? Did I read something about a competition? I have a big hill to climb to reach that stage. And since the only thing we get here on the South Coast of NSW Australia approaching snow is a good Hail storm, I am thinking to build my 102 into a Beach Fishing Buggy with rod racks & tackle box crates & wide tires. Does the ambition go anywhere towards a 45 years award?
43434.jpg

I always have to wonder how a cub cadet ends up on the other side of an ocean.

Graeme, the 102 looks in good shape.

Scott T,
How did you get your CC to stand at attention? One shot looks like there's an engine hoist under it, but I don't see a chain on it.
Graeme T,
From your pic, I would say you were correct in identifying it as a 102. Aside from the tires, it would have looked pretty much like the one on the cover of the 45 year book that Charlie posted. Are there only 3 wheels/tires on it in that shot? It looks like there might be a block holding up the rear end. What size is the rear tire? Is it something from a car?
I don't know what your beaches are like, but is a 5 hp engine enough to keep it moving in the sand, or are yours more rocky? If it was sand, I'd probably also want to carry a small shovel and a couple of planks to put under the tires when you get stuck. There are mounting holes on the front and rear of the frame you could use for attaching your rod racks and tackle box crates. If you want to add something like a lower 3-point mounting bracket to the rear, you could design and build something that attaches with just pins, so you could remove it easily when you want to use it for something else. Look at the way a tiller mounts for ideas.

David P....Its likely because IH of Australia brought 'em in from CONUS & sold 'em there . IH had subsidiaries world wide ..... with manufacturing/assembly plants in many countries, including Australia, Canada, England, France, Germany, Turkey, India, Russia, South Africa, Pakistan etc., etc..

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Had a great time at PD12! A special thanks to the Blunier family for putting on this event. Friday night we had chili and great conversation, following tractor cleanup. Here’s a pic of Steve with his son.
43437.jpg

I need to know the Cub Cadet model numbers that a front blade for a model 128 will also fit, or can be easily adapted to fit. I have tried researching the archives, enjoying your camaraderie, but didn't find the info I need. Could someone direct me to a chart, or otherwise help me find the answers? Thank you very much.

Graeme,

Welcome aboard! I think a fishing Buggy Cub would be great You will have to keep us posted on the progress. You will have to put a "bevrage" holder for when the fish are not biting.
happy.gif

BTW I like the blue wheels.

Bruce
I used an engine hoist. There is a blue cable wrapped around the front pto arm, under the frame and out through the grille area....

Back