• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 25, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Charlie,

Sorry to hear the news. Hope it wasn't the building with all those nice NOS cub parts inside.
Glad no one got hurt.

Marty, it appears that it was the main building that his home was in. I believe that it was connected to the main storage area. We will have to wait for Charlie to get things squared away and back online before we'll know the extent. By the looks of it he's lucky he made it out. I posted a link on the last page here it is again. It doesn't tell much but it does have a photo. If you click on the photo it will open up a photo that shows more.

Early morning fire burns business, home north of Park Rapids

Here's the photo.
sad.gif
thumbsdown.gif

264176.jpg

Denny-
I bought Dad a 149 with HYD lift about 10 years ago and he hated it. He said he wanted a "real tractor" with gears and a clutch. When this Original showed up (rusty and trashed) he said, "I want that!" so I fixed it up for him. He mowed with it for about 8 years and then finally bought a zero turn about 2 years ago.

The snow-thrower was just sitting here in the weeds, so I got it cleaned up and mounted so that he could retire his walk-behind snow-blower this winter. I've been telling him the virtues of running a tractor mounted thrower, but he still doesn't buy it, so I forced this set up on him.

I hope to have as much energy and health when I'm on the high-side of 70yrs as he does!

Charlie-
So sorry to hear about the place. Let us know if you need anything. We're all here to help.

Craig C-
Yes, somehow this thing had all of the parts when I pulled it out of the 'cedars'. I'm not sure what I was thinking it was missing, but everything appears to be there.

Charlie

That plain sucks to see what has happened. I`am glad you both made it out ok . keep us posted .
feint.gif
yikes.gif

Charlie,

What happened to you is just plain wrong, and nobody should have to endure all that you are going through right now. My thoughts are with you.

Be safe, be well.

Brian Wittman

Times three! What Don said... I know it probably isn't likely but, if I can help in any way.. Just ASK! Please!

So sorry for your loss Charlie.
The Hinds family

Charlie and wife.. we are so so sorry to know of your great loss. !! We're grateful you made it out safely and we assume the furkids are safe as well? We shall keep you in our thoughts..

Marlin & Angel(Caath)

Charlie,

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about all of this and am glad everyone is OK. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

ART = Neat story about your DAD... sounds like the charter member of the GD club along with Tom H & myself.

CHARLIE - Glad you and your wife are O-K. Home fires are a terrible thing, so many irreplacable items go up in smoke, but the structure can be replaced. As everyone else has said, let us know if there's anything we can do.

Sorry to hear of your loss Charlie. I'll keep you in my prayers while you work through this.

Charlie, Ditto to what everyone else is saying. My prayers are with you and your family.

Charlie sorry for your loss, thank goodness you are all okay. I still remember the morning I was sitting in my back yard after my garage burned down while strangers came to look at the burned remains.

Two things I would tell you, as long as your okay, stuff is only stuff, and your insurance agent is NOT your friend.

Charlie - glad your safe. I wish I lived in your neck of the woods where I could be of some help. If there is anything I can do from a distance, don't hesitate to ask.

Charlie,

So sorry to hear and see this news. My thoughts and prayers for peace for you and your family are sent with this post. Arvin

Art, great job on the tractor and blower! Looks pretty Sweet!

Charlie,
Sorry to hear about your loss, that is certainly a blow that neither your wife or yourself want to have to deal with. Having been a fire fighter for over 15 years, It REALLY hurts to respond to calls like this, thankfully your both ok, the other things can be replaced to a certain extent, hopefully they were able to save the good stuff, pictures and things that you both cherish that are NOT replaceable? Like everyone else, wish you well and ask for help if you need it. Look forward to hearing from you again soon after this mess is cleaned up and the two of you start to put your life back together!

I don't do much praying, but when families are faced with the beast destroying their homes and threatening their lives, I pretty much have to do some and a whole lotta hope'n! I am just glad you didn't have about 2 or 3 feet of snow already to add to the horrible situation!

Charlie,
It will get better. This is only a small set back. Material things are replaceable. Life is not. You and your wife are in my thoughts.
Gob bless.

Keith and Tracy

Latest posts

Back