Archive through October 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robert VonD: It's a Model 104, manufactured in the middle of June 1968.

Myron B
CCSupplyroom

Robert Von D.
Need more pictures of the engine,is it black?, steering wheel and chassis where fenders should attach.

This might be a repowered 72. But, I've been wrong before, maybe I should change that to many times.

Ideas? Surf the Binder Books site to see what manuals are available, and they do have good reprints.

About 2 inches of rain all summer in eastern VA and then 5.3" from one storm. Dust bowl to swamp.

Dave

Repowered 72 - note the low driveline tunnel. IMHO the perfect Cub Cadet (I miss the 12hp 72 I used to own)

Not to say that it originally didn't have a tall driveline tunnel; I've got a 147 frame with a low driveline tunel
shhh.gif

Just scraped away residue to reveal a '7HP' sticker on the fuel tank.
Now I'm betting the engine was either refitted or parts were swapped... When I get ready to O/H the engine I'll figure that one out...

Robert V:

Considering you have updated or revised the original information, I am going to revise my statement by saying this is a model 72.

Robert, kinda expect at your rebuild that it was a new 10 hp, at least, that was droped in sometime ago, instead of rebuild of the orginal 7hp. the engine looks like black paint vs yellow and does fill up the engine space like a K-241 in a 100/102/104 does.

I've always wondered when people bought the Originals, 72's, 100 series Cubs if they ordered them special without a grill or removed them when they got home and used the grill in the Chicken Coop or for a barbeque grill.

Oh Boy...... Richard C. from one Richard to another I think tomorrows posts on your post will be interesting to say the least.

Does anybody know the widths for tire chains on cubs. 8.50, 10.50, 26. A measurement would help of each. Are they standard sizes? Thanks in advance Chris

Hello
Can the brake linkage on 104 start to stick with lack of use? I cranked the 104 and it took off with the brake pressed to the floor and I stopped it only by turning it off. I worked the pedal up and down and the brake seemed to start working. Does anyone know why this happened?
dunno.gif

Latest posts

Back