Archive through October 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry,

I spent 1/2 of my week about 3 miles west of that arch, just south of Forest Park near the Science Center.....

Steve/Terry - you guys should have told me you were coming to St. Louis, email mail me next time.

Wasn't gonna post any pics till it's done but I'm bored again and it's pretty slow tonight. I figured, why let those moldy tractors be the only ones with HD lookin air cleaners!
69319.jpg

69320.jpg

Bren - Have you got the rain cap ? That's not going to look to bad after it's painted. It'll take some getting use to seeing a yellar canister though. Good place to hide the
69325.gif
bottle
happy.gif
. I don't know if I kept my canister or sold it on greedbay. I know I've still got the cap though hanging on a nail.

Art - Who told ya ?
69326.gif
moon.gif

Ken, just painted it last night, between the rain showers. It's almost gonna hurt to open the bail to fill it with oil. Scratch that shiny new paint
sad.gif
The cap is mia, which looks to be the norm around here. Knocked off by tree branches or kids.

Isn't that what that brass nut on the intake tube is for?
happy.gif
It says NOS Fogger to me
happy.gif

Bren

Air cleaner you say...would work a lot better if connected to the carburator intake and not next to exhaust. And I thought it was an extra quiet muffler...oh well.
screwloose.gif

Allen, That pic is just mock up. It will be plumbed to the carb and the exhaust will be routed to the other side. Tryin to find a local shop that does mandral bending, so far no luck. May have to order the pipe pieces through Bassani. They do have very good prices on mandral bent 180s.

Bren

Charlie,

How is it that you always have the coolest stuff?
err.gif

Hey, do ya think it's too early to start mounting the cab on the tractor yet? Is it very complicated, never seen the instructions on a soft cab, hope they come in the box.
lol.gif

Brian B.
I hunt for it, LOL

Mines already on and the snow crew is in the garage all lined up ready to go.
biggrin.gif

What kind of soft cab?

bought a creeper from a 128 today at the local garden tractor junkyard. Anyone got a set of installation instructions for installing into a 582?
Anything I should remember to grab off of the 128 that I will need that will not be obvious?

Rob N.
Just keep everything attached to the creeper and you'll be good to go.
biggrin.gif

But then again, you'd be better off just keepin the 128 and throwin the 582 away.
lol.gif

Just bought a great Cub Cadet from the original owner; alas, no paperwork or manuals.
The ID tag on gearbox is 252777.
The engine tag is 46700D. The previous owner had noted that the engine is a K241A...
Any ideas? -Thanks!-
69370.jpg

69371.jpg

Robert V:

First, welcome to the Forum.....
69374.jpg

The model you have would be a 104.

Latest posts

Back