• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 25, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
43326.jpg

Heres a better look at the rear wheel weights.
50# on each side of the rim and dual adapter ready for use if need be.

Lonny -

Duals? You need LESS flotation for snow duty, not more...
wink.gif

Glen C.
For Y2K a friend bought a new generator and the optional propane kit. He wanted me to install the propane conversion before the generator was ever started. I didn't want to destroy that new carb so I built a 1 inch aluminum spacer and installed it between the carb and the engine block. I installed the propane venturi and the vacuum port in the spacer block. I also made new carb throttle linkage since the carb moved an inch farther from the engine block. He was happy that the generator was now dual fuel and I was just happy that my experiment worked. The generator had a main fuel shutoff valve on it so you could switch to propane without shutting the gen. off.

Anybody have an opinion on how the torque output of the Honda GX610K1 (782 conversion motor) compares to the Kohler KT17 II??? The Honda is 18 hp in the advertisements.

Bryan

Yes, in the spring I put the duals on so when I plow across my yard to the back parts shed and work shops I do not rut up the yard so much when the ground starts to thaw. My parts shed is the little white building in the background, work shops in uper right corner.

43329.jpg

I've got a (new to me)149 that's in good shape, but has a few issues. It starts easily and idles well at low and medium speed. The problem, after a short run at mowing short grass, getting to a heavier load in leaves and taller grass, it looses power, knocks and acts like it wants to stop. This is at full throttle.

After stopping the deck, it still labors at full throttle and only cleares up after backing off the throttle. When throttling back up, it labors again, even though the deck is not running. once it starts this, it seems to not want to really clear up. Iv'e done this on two seperate evenings.

I was told that a valve is sticking. Does this sound right? I had new fuel, with MMO, but can't run long, unless I let it idle and burn up a tank of gas.

If its a valve sticking, is there an easy fix or a way to test the sticking valve idea?

Btw, i have checked the plug and wire. I haven't had time yet to readjust the carburator (its clean), check the points or pull the head to look for carbon, etc. I really haven't had much time to check it all out yet.

I'm open for ideas. Thanks

Do you happen to have any pics of the Lp/Gas conversion spacer, ETC?

Hi Folks,

Will a rear lift from a 129 fit my 1650. Also, Lonny, I noticed in the pics that you have a blade and a blower hooked up at the same time. I like the idea of dual functions. Pull the snow away from the garage doors then blow it off the drive. How do you rig it so the hydraulics lift and/or rotate each implement independently?

Well boys, just dropping a message off to the forum from the laptop on the job. The light plants were dropped off this afternoon for some "Working under the lights". Didja' ever run dozers and scarpers at night?? Trust me, it SUCKS! I'm hearing working 24 hrs. a day till Sunday, so.................. there's now way in hell I'm going to make it to PD. S.O.B.!!! I even had the green light from the wife too. )-8

I just cant bring myself to put a honda on a cub, I would rather pay the money and put a kohler mag 18 or command 23 hp, or even a B&S Vanguard in a 782. Gonna warm up here a bit next week so no more snow here for the moment, but its comming, I can smell it in the air! Mike and Michele T

Jerry, one thing that might give you fits is the pushrod for the points. The camshaft tends to wear in one spot, and once it does the pushrod starts to ride up and down on the edge of the groove as things heat up and expand. This can change your ignition timing.

Another possibility is that it is running lean for one reason or another. Try fiddling with the mixture when you speed the engine up, or perhaps the there is a clog somewhere in the fuel system, causing inadequate fuel to be delivered when the engine is running near full power.

<font color="119911">Anybody have an opinion on how the torque output of the Honda GX610K1 (782 conversion motor) compares to the Kohler KT17 II??? The Honda is 18 hp in the advertisements.</font><font color="000000">

I just did one, works just fine. Easy bolt in conversion, has good power. </font>

Marlin, there was one of those MF's for sale recently at the auction house on the county line road west of Ames.

It was nice looking, but I did not see the price it went for. There is currently an older Deere and a pulling garden tractor sitting there now. I have yet to stop in to see what kind of tractor it is.

Nice rigs though.

Jerry, my 149 had the same problem. It was a fuel flow issue with mine. I cleaned my tank, carb, and added new fuel line and a standard fuel filter. I then ran Sta-Bil through it and its run like a top since. (1 ounce treats 2 gallons, the size of a 149's gas tank) Glen.

Allen S.
Yes, I had the local auto shop bend a pice of pipe and flair the end to fit over the existing pipe, than welded it into place.

Eric, yes, it will, and all you have to do is utalise the front hydros to power angle a front blade on your 1650. Theres a nice power angle one, and a Sims cab off a 1650 on ebay now... decent prices on both. Get 'em before anybody else does. like your tractor, the power angle blade is also VERY RARE!!! Glen
beerchug.gif

Eric N.
The front has its own hydro ports, one for lift and one for turning (front blade use only not safe to turn blower), the back 3 point is up/down only, I have to manualy move the rear blade to get angle.

Latest posts

Back