• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 25, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any tips on keeping the pto belt to the rear from falling off all the time? Do i need a new belt again? Luckily i got all the tilling done before it got too annoying climbing down there and putting it back on. and i just parked it in the shop for a total stripdown and repaint/rebuild. Am looking forward to that although i have noticed some parts are missing. (I have a bungie cord tied around the clutch to get it to return and there are no brakes at all.) Minor details, nothing a parts manual and a little time won't cure.

Howard V. -

For one, make sure you're not using the spring loaded mower mule drive setup, but rather to make the modifications shown in the tiller manual. That way BOTH pulleys can be tightened and your belt won't whip around and fall off.

Denny,

The outter (small) blades on a 38/42 deck need to be a touch lower than the center to keep them running level. If you run the big center blade with a little bit of nose down the outter edges don't "catch-up" to the drop as fast due to the short length.

I find it best to true everything up as best as possible, but then make final adjustments with a measuring device (I have several methods) on a good flat concrete surface.....then you KNOW what you need!!!!

Richard,

I usually don't loose sleep over blades that are "close".......it's hard to detect 1/16" on the lawn (but I agree, every little bit helps!!!!)

Hank, great book! :eek:)

31849.jpg

I was Wondering What Steve's comments would be!
wink.gif
on mower deck leveling! I have a little 2X4 block with a handle on it with different wooden shims nailed onto it for checking different mowing heights from about 2" up to 3". A thin 3/4" fender washer under the outer spindles of the 38/42" decks is about the correct offset to make those decks mow good. The original 38" CI end deck Dad got with the 70 when it was new had WAY too many years of abuse and the deck skin was distorted badly. Each blade mowed at a different level, and the center blade mowed over 1/4" lower than the outside blade but only on one side. That deck got replaced with the later style 38" deck like what would have been on My 72 when it was new. It mows much better but still not as nice as my 38" I have on My 72. I did a refurbish like Steve & Richard have described about 17-18 yrs ago on it and it has mowed great ever since. The bigger the deck the more inportant those details They describe are!

Thanks Kraig.

Bryan -- I agree on the Simplicity influence for sure. And I know I break keys with my feet or knees or some darn thing getting on or off the tractor so I know I would have broken those controls too.

Heading to Fitchburg MA in the AM to speak at an IHCC banquet and dance. Need to organize my slides and write my remarks today--

Hank -

Haven't busted a key yet, although I had zapped myself numerous times trying to put the key in with the ammeter on the 100. Nothing like having two bare electrified nuts there
lol.gif

<font size="-2">Dangit, where's Boner when ya need him!?!?</font>

Bryan, I'm shocked that <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> would design an add on ammeter with a flaw like that. 'course a little shock therapy now and then is good for ya. :eek:)

Kraig -

lol.gif
Well, it explains why folks mounted them on the sides of the pedestal, for sure.

WELL!
I had a very UNEXPECTED but very appreciated surprise this morning from the mail man!
<font size="+2">Thanks Hank</font>
Very well done, The wife says I have to wait till later to read it though! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Willo/anyone else,

Can you share any informaion about the function in Fitchburg,MA?
Thanks
Eric Plummer

Hey Eric --

It is the 10th Anniversary Celebration of International Harvester Collectors Club Chapter 18. Held at the Best Western Royal Plaza with dinner and dancing (cept my dance partner will be in PA taking care of Family Weekend at Gettysburg College). They asked me to be their speaker in June or July as I remember. Anyway rest assured I will say something about Cub Cadets for sure.

Good day here,
Got Hanks book.
Took a few of the gang out for one last cleanup around the yard, bladed the back drive, sucked/mulched the last of the leaves, did the winterize thing for the grass and even got the small garage cleaned up ready for winter.
31853.jpg

Thanks Bryan. I guess I better get a manual. I am new to this cub cadet thing. I must say though I sure am jealous of them photos of two and three cubs together. oh well one at a time. Nice pics though. have a good day all.

Hey digger, this last picture you posted has a red tractor in it with a pointed shape to the front end. What models come with that style front end. 106 107 108?????

Hello Everyone...Anyone know of any Cub happenings in Alabama or Georgia, or the South at all?? I am in Anniston Alabama and would love to talk to someone experienced in hooking up attachments I have. I cannot figure them out!!
Thanks so much everyone, love to go to a plow day, but they are all soooo far away.

Back