• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,

Not quite getting ready for winter around here today.

Chris E. came down for the afternoon and Chris, Big Steve, Little Steven, my brother Andy, and I spent it in the field with some big toys. 1486 w/5-16" IH 700 semi-mounted plow, Super M with 2-16" Case plow, and later the 656 on the Case plow. Had to break out the 684 and stalk shredder to keep the little Case plow going as well. Plowed from mid-afternoon to about 9:45 PM.........and had a GREAT time doing it!!!!

Pics soon.........

oh, and I got my hayrack finished this AM.....

Margaret:

Your belt looks like a typical condition of a belt that was mis-aligned.

Attached is a diagram. The diagram shows that the Mule Drive Pulleys should be directly under the PTO Pulley and should perform and good 90° angle.

The Tensioner bolts should be adjusted to reflect equal distance from the front of the Mule Drive Bracket.

With the proper belt, aligned and adjusted correctly, you will have years of trouble free service.

69047.jpg

Charlie (digger)--your photo of the spring assist set me straight. Thanks again.

Margaret, Roland - I've had a situation where the PTO belt slipped off one of the mule drive pulleys after doinking the deck on a curb. After mowing the rest of the lawn, I noticed the problem after the persistent hot belt smell suggested something was wrong. The belt was in surprisingly good shape but I thought if it was left that way, it was just a matter of time before the belt came apart. It's now one of the first things I check before mowing.

All those in favor of July being your favorite month say yea.
groupwave.gif

69059.jpg

Here is the small picture in the corner of July. I can only imagine what these two are saying to each other. Maybe she is thinking its a hot ride. Never thought I could use my cubs to pick up the ladies.
69060.jpg

Terry - Actually that's a bad add for Cubs ... notched the frame for the engine ... Yep that's just what everybody wants, a chopped frame for strength ... the PR guy must be the same guy that designed the front axles with the BIG AZZ elongated slots that my 2166 has... No thanks I'll stick with my 122-127-129

Ken: I agree notched isn't the best word to use in an ad (although that's a collector calendar), I would have stated "modified". However, that notching was completely welded in and has anyone seen a frame fail there? I doubt it.

Actually, he's saying "No - you don't have to call the pool boy to get those grass clippings out, I'll be glad to hang around and do it - heh heh heh....."

Who ever wrote that paragraph didn't really use the most accurate descriptor. The 147's frame is not notched its flared. It was notched in the process of flaring, but in the end its flared. The flare actually strengthens the frame. The steel is doubled in the area in question. This proves that the 147 is the best tractor ever!

thumbsup_old.gif

Hello
I'm wondering what is the strongest battery for cranking a Cub Cadet with? My 1250 has a K301 bored out to .30 over and has tremendous compression. When cranking sometimes when you don't crank it cold and turns over without it cranking you have to let off because if the battery is a little weak it will only barely turn it over . Do the quietline series have the compression release in them?
ihrotate.gif

James C.-

Yes, they have a compression release, and remember, a .030 over 12h.p. is still a smaller bore than a K341. If it's freshly rebuilt, it might be a bit tight yet. What size CA battery do you have? My 1450 has a 340 CA in in for the winter, and for the summer only tractors I can get away with a 230 CA battery.

Hi Matt
I don't have a battery that is devoted to that 1 cub.I must have a compression release problem because it holds a lot of compression.It was bored out because the previous owner broke the connecting rod and the piston wore into the cylinder wall.Thanks

James C.-

Actually, I wonder if your starter needs to be disassembled and cleaned up. The KT/Magnum twin starters need periodic maintenance to continue working, and I'm sure these do too. I'd suggest you read thishttp://cubfaq.com/kstarter.html and apply the pertinent repairs to your QL's starter. Inside they look similar, so I'm guessing that they develop similar issues.

Hayrack Project:

I ordered one of Northern's 2200# running gears last week to make a hayrack for the kids on Halloween. UPS dropped it off Thurs. evening, assembled the gear Friday night, built the deck Sat. AM, and finished off the details Sunday PM.

69065.jpg

69066.jpg

69067.jpg

69068.jpg

Matt, I'm going to be pulling my starter using your technique. When I get it unbolted, do I pull it out towards the front or back of the 782? What length of 7/16 wrench do you suggest to use? Thanks

Any help with adjusting my 1250 to idle better? I cleaned the carb in lacquer and put back together. I tried to follow directions in the service manual but it wont idle down. Put a new govenour spring on it too. I just cant figure it out!!! Help!!!!

Chris

Steve B - The hayrack looks great. Looks like a satisfying weekend project. Your gonna have to post more photos.

Chris P.
Cleaning the carb in anything other than carb cleaner, IMHO is a waste of time most likely will not get all the gunk out.

Latest posts

Back