• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through October 18, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis:
Make anything heavy enough and it'll get a grip....
clappy.gif

Morning all, I have to get this blade set up to use the ports on the front of the 1512D that will be coming home with me this Saturday(24). Where can I find some info on the hyd ram size and how to make the brackets to install the power angle. I will be traveling next Sat and i have to go right past a good supplier of Hyd Cylinders for the Cub. Thanks Don T
179685.jpg

Guys on the ags or turfs for plowing snow, I found I could plow some snow with the ag but needed that extra traction when I pushed a little to far into the snow bank and could not back up because the blade was hung up. The turfs and weight are the best I think. My 230 and another 200 weights did the trick. I just loved the sound of the 14K bark as I plowed .LOL
179689.jpg

And we Do get some snow up here but it just don`t last because of the salt air I guess.
179690.jpg

I will enjoy power angle on the 1512D this winter. Later Don T

KENDELL - I've only got about a THOUSAND stories to confirm what You just said as the truth.

Pretty much "Go Big or don't bother!"

Last X-mas day SON got the M & loader without the chains mounted heading down a very slight slope about 2-3 ft from running into a large Oak tree. I wasn't worried about the M but I was about the tree. I hooked the M & Super H up back-to-back and tried to pull Him away from the tree over a few inches of packed snow over frozen ground. The Super H weighs within a couple hundred pounds of what the M does and even with the chains on the Super H I couldn't budge the M. Finally working in tandem We got the M moving, pulling the M forward & the SH backwards, then backing the M up while the SH spun furiously trying to get a bite.

The Super H is "First String" on snow removal, 80 inch wide blade on the loader with down force, all up with weights & chains it weighs around 7000 pounds, maybe a bit more. M with it's loader & 80 inch wide materials bucket plus weights & chains, 450# of weights per rear wheel but no fluid and similar 2-link chains to what the SH has but wider for the 13.6 X 38 tires weighs somewhere close to 7500#.
The Super H probably makes about 30 PTO HP, it's kinda tired, M would dyno around 50 HP. But all my snow removal happens mostly in 1st gear so footing is always the issue, never HP.

I just happened to think of a hint for the "first timers", especially those with QA 36 or 42's on the front...If you've picked that blade or thrower up while you're backing up and don't have enough traction, drop the blade/thrower on the ground - it'll eliminate the counter balance action and put weight back on the rear wheels - happens to me every once in a while.... (and that's with 90 pounds on the back end, 70 on the wheels and 210 on the seat..)
clappy.gif

Don, would you like the installation manual for the hydraulic angle in high resolution?
dunno.gif
Let me know and I'll send it off in an email. Here's a lower resolution sample.

179695.jpg

Kendell,
thumbsup.gif
I've done that as well. Good suggestion for the
n00b.gif
n00b.gif
(Those would be plural noob as in newbies.)
happy.gif

Dennis F I've got the proper tool to change your tire chain cross links, if you ever need help, give me a call. I've had much previous experience with truck & grader chains @ the DCH&T Dept.
Shift.gif
We still haven't made connections at Carly Statz's yet... Don If U need measurements for your Hydraulic angle attachment, I can get some from my son's 1811/12 w/54" blade if he hasn't sold on me.

Kraig M , I think my biggest ? is what length throw the hyd cylinder must have and the dia of the cylinder. I think I can Fab up the brackets. they will not be IH but will work if I use the same mounting holes as stock.Thanks for the info. I have to thank you for all your help in the past. Now I must go out and connect the head lights and install the dash panel on my 129 and see if it starts and charges. I do hope to have no problems but i`am not holding my breath LOL
clappy.gif

later Don T

Oh I just thought I might buy a clevis style cylinder and use harden bolts to connect the cylinder to the plow ??? any thoughts guys.

Ok here is the 104 with 23x8.50x12 Ag bar tread with two link chains.

179697.jpg

179698.jpg

You be the judge if they are too slopy and get lost in the tread.
179702.jpg

179699.jpg

179700.jpg

179701.jpg

Richard:
Your pics kinda prove the point....The cross links are pushed up at the high point of the tire, but unsupported between the bars (the bars are about the same height as the chains laying in the "vallies"). At any rate, if it works,
then that's all we need!!

Don, here are some photos from my archives that might help with your dimension query. The pics also have the brackets there to show what they look like.

179704.jpg

179705.jpg

179706.jpg

A good suggestion for a cylinder for the hydraulic turn blade is a cylinder off of a truck snow plow. We go to alot of auctions and just happen to pick them up with other stuff we want. I think we have a total of 3 pairs of cylinders now
lol.gif

Hey all... I haven't had a question to post in a long time, but now that I have a project tractor I have one. Other than the hydraulic angle blade, what else are the front ports of my 'new to me' 1650 good for?? I wanted to retire my 169 for a restoration, and this 1650 came up on craigslist about a month ago. It came with a 36" thrower and a 50" deck, but needed "a little" work. See attached photos for how far we've taken it apart. Let's just say that a little work has involved rebuilding the engine, and replaceing every major gasket that could leak something. The previous owner was a big fan of using RTV instead of fixing things the right way. Anyhow, what else can go on the front to utilize these ports?? Thanks!!

179713.jpg

179714.jpg

Jim, you could build a hydraulic Chute rotator for that 36" snow thrower.

Kraig, I had actually thought about that for a minute, unfortunately the 36" thrower has a bad end on the impeller shaft... the non-replacable kind. I have a 42" that I use with the 169, but it also needs a little refurb. The impeller blades are a bit knicked and bent. If I knew I could go through a 4' high snow drift, I'd just put a blade on the thing...

I just bought my first IH Cub Cadet Model 100 and I can't be any more excited. Hopefully a quick question. What is the standard front rim size? Is there a narrow version? I have 3.50x8 tires in the front now and the rim really protrudes past the rubber more than I would want it to. I have tubes in them so it really isn't a matter of function but it is not really attractive to the eye. Any help would be appreciated

Brian, welcome!
groupwave.gif

This is from a Cub Cadet 70/100 brochure regarding tires:

179716.jpg

So I need the 400 tire for it to look right, thank you. Here it is, fenders, lights and creeper. I have put new rear ag 6-12 tires on the back since the picture. Giving it the TLC it deserves this winter but so far so good. Only issue so far is a loud knock when starting. No knocking or smoke when the engine turns over and runs.

179720.jpg

Latest posts

Back