• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 17, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan,
Don't get excited, I heard they dinged ya just to make sure you were awake!
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 141
Charlie -

I wouldn't doubt it for a minute. Damn banks...

Hank -

I think I'll be doing the same as Kraig - I'll mail the book over to ya when things die down over there for a quick signature.

Hey guys,
When you have the small ag style tires on the front of your gt, is it better to run them in the same direction as the rear ones or flip them around like i have seen some guys do?? Any comments appriciated. This is for moldboard plowing purposes.
MJS

Hank,

I called them the other day to put 1 more on my order. They told me that they should have them sent out Thursday, or Friday.

Bryan, hopefully you're correct and the books are being sent out.

Charlie, :eek:)

I recently purchased a spring assist for my 1200 (am still waiting for delivery). Can anyone describe how a spring assist mounts to a wide frame. I have part of a diag. indicating how it connects to the lift arm and I assume the other brackets connect to the frame.

Oh man you guys are getting me pretty excited.I bet you get them before I do.

Tom -- thanks

Just found this yesterday as I tore into a 1450.
31537.jpg

At least it was easy to remove. Lots of strange stuff done on this baby.

Attachments

• 31537.jpg
    31537.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 159
  • 31537.jpg
    31537.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 151
Since there is some discussion on rear ends and fluid levels...

On my 782, I use the dip stick tube to fill up on Hytran...for lack of a better fill opening. But since its slow and messy this way...I was wanting to install a recessed plug in the rear cover. Any ideas on where this should go? Should it be at the same level as other fill openings such as those on 123's?

Todd, here a spring assist as mounted onto an 82 series.

31539.jpg

31540.jpg

Attachments

• 31540.jpg
    31540.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 147
  • 31539.jpg
    31539.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 31539.jpg
    31539.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 31540.jpg
    31540.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 147
Does anyone know how long its been since IH branded filters? Or were they still available from the AG side of business semi-recently?
31543.jpg

Attachments

• 31543.jpg
    31543.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 31543.jpg
    31543.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 145
Looks like they just hit my card too.......Hank's book must be in!!!!!!

Kraig- Thanks for the quick response! Are the mount holes for the rear bracket already there or will I need to do some drilling?

Todd - I will try and get a shot of mine up for you after lunch (heading to storage anyway)...

I mounted my tab to the inside of the frame instead of the outside like Kraigs pic.

Mounting it outside put the spring against the frame in one spot, so to avoid the rub/friction I mounted it to the inside fo the frame.

Holes are pre-drilled, already there, just need to bolt it on.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

(Message edited by sblunier on October 20, 2005)

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 146
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 139
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 140
I'm not sure which way is the "correct" way for the spring assist bracket to mount to the frame as that is not my Cub I just posted the photos of it. :eek:)

John- It is a good possiblity that that is the original filter

Kraig- Thanks for the pics...worth a thousand words!

Rick- Appreciate any pics you have also!

This is how mine is installed.

31547.jpg

31548.jpg

Attachments

• 31548.jpg
    31548.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 31547.jpg
    31547.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 31548.jpg
    31548.jpg