• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 17, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have posted this across the street, and am looking for help from others here as well.

I need to replace the pulley on my QA-42A to fit the 82-series (5/8" belt width). I would also like to use a smaller diameter to speed up the auger a bit.

I headed over the McMaster-Carr website (http://www.mcmaster.com) an quickly determined I had no idea what pulley to order. Can anyone explain what type of V-belt the IH-78056-C1 is? There are different types of belts mentioned on the website: A, B, 3L, 5V, 5VX..... yadda yadda yadda.
bash.gif

I could get the regular standard pulley, but another poster mentioned an adjustable variable pitch pulley to change auger speed. Another option is a pulley with a quick-disconnect bushing (shown on page 944).

Has anyone toyed with these different types of pulleys to change auger speeds as desired? Pros or cons?

Thanks!

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 139
Bryan C:

A "B" type of pulley is designed for a 5/8" wide belt.

You could use a variable pitch pulley. They usually are more expensive to purchase. They do give you numerous diameters so you could "dail in" the speed you want. Variable pulleys usually have a Maximum and a Minimum diameter listed in their specs.

No matter which way you go, use a Cast Iron Pulley.

CHARLIE - Your pic's of Your 149 make Me wonder what the insides of My 72 look like. When I was inside the rearend about 15 yrs ago the only oil I could find was something in a black & gold can called "Hy-Guard" or something like that. I did use Hy-Tran in the transmission of a POS old Chevy LUV truck I had 25 yrs ago that the 4-speed wouldn't shift for 2-3 miles when it was below 20 degrees out. Hy-Tran fixed it right up! .... Well, At least the transmission..... rest of the truck was still a POS. Every fall I had to take the truck out to Dad's place and cover the rust holes in the cab with galvanized sheetmetal flashing otherwise the snow would drift into the cab..... I needed one of These to fix it up right....
bazooka.gif

Attachments

• bazooka.gif
    bazooka.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 144
Roland B, Bryan..

I converted to a B section belt on my 149, used a sheave and adapter from graingers. It mates up to the electric clutch, and will bring the kohler to its knees before the belt slips...

31518.jpg

(Message edited by stanner on October 19, 2005)

Attachments

• 31518.jpg
    31518.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 31518.jpg
    31518.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 132
Charlie, that's sure is nasty looking! Was there any damage or rust inside there that you could see?

Charlie,

I think you'll find that the fill line on the rear cover of your 149 corresponds to bottom of the cork gasket on the hydro. If it's like most, they leak until the get below the gasket and then "stabilize".

Love the red/brown goo......NOT

Lonny --Nice loader pics.

All- According to the publisher, the book will be ready no later than friday. It is not yet shipping. They intend to freight me a mess of them to autograph generically along with several that have personalized autograph requests. I will send the generic ones back to him to ship out and then I will mail the personalized ones from here. that's what I know today.

Was on a photoshoot all day yesterday. Need to process (photoshop) photos and get a book chapter finished and get ready for a bunch of school events that start tomorrow so I am going to submerge for a spell.

Hank, thanks for the update on the status of your book. I got my order in early so I'm looking forward to getting my copy. :eek:)

Kraig,
It actually looked pretty good except for the brown snotty stuff.
I thought fo9r a while that maybe that's how that stuff collected moisture, but after it's set out all night it's not changed at all. Beats me!

Steve B.
I found out why the fuild level was where it was. I guess with that weight box on the back since it was new and 9-23 pound iron ingots, plus the battery, plus the cab, the right rear bearing and seal are pretty much toast according to the puddle on the floor and the line of Hytran runnin down the disc brake this morning! LOL
31522.jpg

Attachments

• 31522.jpg
    31522.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 31522.jpg
    31522.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 142
Keith just gave me this cool cartoon he drew for the safety part of an operators manual.

31525.jpg

OK back to work.

Attachments

• 31525.jpg
    31525.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 31525.jpg
    31525.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 137
I just put the engine back into my 682 after cleaning the heads.I ran it yesterday and it ran pretty good! but today I put the deck on. And when I put the throttle about half way the engine starts racing, like it's at full throttle. And also the electric pto turns on slowly,it use to engage very quickly! Can any one help me!

Jochua,
Sure sounds to me like you dint quite get things put back together right.
Throttle cable mount/clamp?
Ground wire/wires for the PTO?
Personally I'd get back to rechecking all connections, hard or soft. JMHO

Geez Charlie if ya wouldn't have bribed my daughter so well at the sale when your hand was waving that 149 could have been in MY garage.
biggrin.gif
Maybe it misses it's home area.

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 138
Hugh,
Ya know what's more aggervating than switching out the axle tubes!
Gettin that little SOB roll pin out that broke off on the lift handle under the dash!
bash.gif

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 137
Charlie,

Just cut it out, the lever is easy to make
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
What a pi$$ poor design that was!!!!

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 133
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 135
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 137
Steve,
Your absolutly right, it is a CHEAP setup.
I thought about doing that until I saw a 14" piece of 1/4" round stock settin in the corner.
Took just a little bit to turn the end down to 1/8" and shove that little bastage out.
BTW, I saw the round stock while going for the torch!
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 142
Jochua,

You may want to check the adjustment of your governor as well.

And for your pto I'd recheck the clearance.

Well, I think this is promising news - my debit card shows signs of being dinged for Hank's book - perhaps this means it shipped?
drool.gif

<font size="-2">well, Amazon won't charge you until shipping time, anyway - dunno 'bout the Tractor Shop...</font>

Attachments

• drool.gif
    drool.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 140
Oh man Bryan -- that could be good news. They say that they don't charge until they ship. They are really good folks.

Back