• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 16, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis,
Even with the pug snub nose, it's still a good lookin tractor!
biggrin.gif

Charlie, is that a stock muffler on that tractor? Would seem to make it quieter when running. My 147 has a large muffler but still very loud.

Glen: As an alternative to spending $100 for a hitch, may I suggest you get a '1084322 Operators Manual for International Cub Cadet 86, 108, 109, 128, 129 & 149 Tractors & Rotary Mowers 1971-1974, serial numbers 500718-529811 $16.95', and a 'Parts Manual for the 149 $11.95' and even a 'CSV-86/1650-Set Chassis and Engine Service Manuals for International Cub Cadet Models 86, 108, 109, 128, 129, 149, 169, 800, 1000, 1200, 1250, 1450, & 1650, 2 Manual Set For Tractor & Engine $47.95' All from Binder Books. Shipping will cost you $12, for a total of $88.85

Not only will you save $11.15, you will also have all the info you need to be able to change out a Starter/Generator belt on a 149..(and any other repair/adjustments the tractor may ever need)....Part Numbers and all
thumbsup.gif

Allen S.
It looks like a stock muffler to me, just like the one on your 147.
It's a Kohler, it's supposed to be loud! You gotta remember, these were made back in the days when noise wasn't an issue!
beerchug.gif

Charlie, my 147 new muffler never looked as fine as that one! P.S. You live out in Gods country, if a squirrel make too much noise around here it gets a summons!
bouncy.gif

Allen,
Don't get me started on the noise issue.
These little rinky dink cars runnin around here that sound like sewing machines on steriods really PIZZ me off, BIGTIME!

Whoever asked about the pilot bushing in the clutch driver, it's still available from your local CC dealer....

Those R4 tires on that 102 look awesome and I was thinking about getting some. Problem is that I can only find them in a 8 inch width and I want them in a 10-11 inch width. Anybody have any suggestions?

Charlie,a buddy of mine has skid steer tires and chains on his 124.He uses it to push/grade gravel,push felled pine trees into brush piles and then tries to get stuck in 6-ft ditches.No traction problems with the skid steers!
jawdrop.gif

Thanks Bill, Oh, and sorry for any confusion about the no response to my want ad thing I posted, just tryin' to get my point across, and that I've seen most setups (Complete) go for about $50-90 on most auction sites, sales, etc... Glen
beerchug.gif

OK , so I know you can get decals to restore an original by peicing them together but nobody has an entire kit ?

Now that I am close to finished with my original i want to start on my KB 5 transport truck , any one got any ideas where i might be able to find fenders or running boards /parts in general ?

Randall, I would reccomend Ebay or go look around at local auto shows, classsefieds, etc, you could even check Google and look up International KB-5 parts, but Google is a broader search, so results may vary, Ask me how i know... Glen
smile.gif

I got the "hard" electrical issues out of the way with the 129, namely the battery running down overnight and it not charging. The PO (who never got it running period) had a few wires switched. A lot of the cloth covered wire looks pretty ratty, so a good winter project would be to make up a new wiring harness. I also have to hook up the lights, I have 2 new Halogen headlamps and new tail lights, courtesy my local TSC and Harbor Freight.

I do have one concern though, after I got the voltage regulator straightened out, I measured the output at about 13.5 volts or so, which I normally figure is a good place to set it. The ammeter however is practically pinned on charge (yeah, the battery was pretty drained) and the generator got very warm to touch on a cool evening after just 10 minutes or so of running. Should I just let 'er run to charge her up, trickle charge the battery first, or back off on the voltage setting. Don't want to overcharge the battery or burn up my generator.
coffee.gif
coffee.gif

Steve B,
How's the ground for plowday. Is it dry or will I bring enough back with me to start another garden. It's raining up in Streamwood, has been since 5pm.

...Raining since noon...but there is a lot of time between now and Friday!!!!

Well, I won't be able to make it to PD12, there's no way I can make it this time and believe me I've tried to figure out a way to make it but it ain't gonna happen.
angry.gif

Those of you that are able to make it, PLEASE take LOTS of photos!!! As usual if you send me photos I'll make a Photo CD available (those that submit photos get a free copy). Anyone willing to take some video? If I could get an hour or so of video I could put together a PD12 video (as with photos if you submit video you'd get a free copy of the video). I prefer "Digital 8" format but I can make due with other formats email to be sure. If you do submit photos or video please be reasonable, 4 or 5 photos or 60 seconds of video isn't gonna cut it. I'm looking for a couple dozen or more photos and/or 10 minutes or more video from each person that submits stuff. Thanks in advance.
happy.gif

If someone will forgive my ignorance. What is required to post on the Wanted/For sale page?
help.gif

Also very nice job on that Original Ken. Did you have to do anything the engine? I can't find parts for the factory 7hp for mine.

I need to change the tube on my Ross steering assembly ( Cub Cadet). Is there an easy way or any way to separate it from the cast bearing housing?
Thanks in advance G.L.

Latest posts

Back