• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 16, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering about the skid steer tires for my 149, bit I already have the Titan TRU POWERS, and they work fine, they dont really load up w. dirt, and they don't really eat my yard. My neighbor is an ironworker, and he rented an 80 foot JLG lift w/ those exact tires, but the got it stuck in the clay immediately, they filled up w/mud, and then it was a lost cause, does anyone know if those do??? Oh, and CHIPS' towing got it out of the hole it dug...for the record...
fence.gif

G.L., I've never heard of anyone wanting to make the tube come loose from the cast part. They do come apart on their own once in a while, most likely from years of guys wrenching on them as they get onto and off of the Cub. If you do get it apart you can hold the new tube in with either JB weld or by drilling a small hole and installing a short sheet metal screw I suppose you could do both to be sure.

1.5" of rain Monday, 0% drying Tuesday, rain forecasted for Wednesday & Sat.

You guys better do the "sun dance" and turn up the wind to help out the PD12 situation!!!!!

That's the current weather update from Central IL

Kraig,
on one of my Cubs the tube is really messed up. I have several steering assemblies with good tubes but otherwise bad parts so I want to put a new tube on. I could see to way it is fastened on so I assume it is a force fit. I will heat it and see Thanks!!!!!!!!

I have a 1000 . Built in 1976. I would like to know if I should change the Clutch Friction Disc ? I think it might be slipping. Not sure though . How do I test it . What other parts besides the disc should I replace ?

Uhhh hey guys, my uncle has a cc149 that he is the second owner of, and the man he bought it from said that he has had it since '73, and that the back up alarm and flashing amber fender lights/rear work light came on the tractor...were those standard option from Cub Cadet, or is he lyin' out his teeth, thanks Glen

43007.jpg

Glen -

It certainly didn't come from the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> factory that way, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that the dealer would put on damn near any bell and whistle that you wanted to pay for. You coulda probably talked him into sticking one of these on the hood:

43009.gif

Great pics Charlie 'n Bryan, I had the Peterbilt Swan in mind for my 149, bit I've got a real dilemma, I have the 149, but according to the engine sticker on the blower housing, i have a K301, not the 321 that is supposed to be there, or the K341 that /I wold love to have, some day maybe, i haven't crackd the engine open, so i havent been able to dust off the micrometer to measure the bore and stroke to find out... what'll I do? (dramatic i know) Oh and it's NOT a AQS or a Quietline, or a new replacement, its the "Original" yeller Kohler... Glen
43014.jpg

The clutch friction disk may well be the culprit, and if the clutch has been slipping for other reasons, the friction disk is probably toast, but make sure the clutch is fully releasing. There is a screw type adjustment for it, but there may be some mechanical binding. If the linkage is in good shape and adjusted properly, some other things to look for are a broken pressure plate spring, and binding of the pressure plate against the axle. If there is a problem with the pressure plate or spring, it will have to come apart.

If the clutch does have to come apart, you might be able to rejuvenate the disc if it is just glazed and not too worn. If it is grooved, you might as well get a new disk, but before installing it, you should take some emery cloth and break the glaze on the pressure plates. Also, to prevent the pressure plate from binding against the driveshaft, put a little grease on the axle end to keep the pressure plate from binding (but don't get anything on the disk).

Latest posts

Back