• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 16, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschumacher

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Allen Schumacher
Terry...ur breather cover could be gummed up over the years. Book also says there is a breather hole that could be blocked, its somewhere behind the cover plate that covers the ends of the valve stems.

Ed,
Just make sure the oil hole in the rod cap faces the camshaft, or else the motor will quickly sieze up.

Kenny

Say!
is your engine cold or noisy?
Insulate the hood!
42951.jpg

I really like the looks of these tires too.
42952.jpg

Randy, this is what a Cub Cadet 3 point hitch looks like.

42957.jpg

42958.jpg

Here it is installed.

42959.jpg

Randy, then, to hook up most implements you'll need a Brinly sleeve hitch adapter:

42961.jpg

Here's what it looks like on the tractor:

42962.jpg

42963.jpg

CHARLIE - You better try to PLOW with those slid-steer tires on and let Me know how they pull. I almost put a pair of them on My plowing 72.. But after putting the 4-ply. 26-12.00 X 12's on the 982 I bet the 23-8.50 Skidder tires would REALLY be a PITA to mount. I bet You can run them with Zero air pressure too...haha run flat tires....Think I'll politely decline on the hood insulation...... But You wouldn't have a better shot of that H or M in the background?

Greetings!

Like the pics. Regarding 3 point hitch and Brinly sleeve hitch adapter. Is this the same for similar for a 1650?

Eric, yes it is very similar. The Brinly sleeve hitch adapter would be the same it's the bar and cast iron top link that are different. Here's what the one for your 1650 woud look like.

42966.jpg

Glen, loosen the 2 bolts on the lower bracket for the starter/generator, then loosen the one bolt that is on the tension bracket for the starter/generator. This will allow the starter/generator to pivot towards the engine allowing you to remove the old belt, assuming of course that it's not broken. Then move the PTO engagement lever all the way forward and slip the old belt out from between the PTO clutch and the engagement button. Then slip the new belt in, position it onto the two pulleys then pivot the starter/generator to tighten up the belt and tighten the 3 bolts that were previously loosened. Oh and don't forget to move the PTO engagement lever to the OFF position.
happy.gif

thanks Kraig, I'll have to get a new belt, any brand suggestions?

Glen C.

How about a genuine Cub Cadet belt, part number IH-401960-R1. Otherwise I would go with a Gates Green Powerrated belt or an Oregon powerrated belt. The belt is size, 3/8 X 31 11/16. Just my couple of cents

Thanx Kevin, the next thing that I will have to get is a sleeve hitch for my 149, IF ANYONE WOULD RESPOND TO MY WANT AD
irritated.gif
, anyway, Steve Blunier has offered me a nos 1 for $125, and a complete one used one for $100, but that's a little too steep for me right now, I'll see if I can talk him down a little, Glen.
bubbly.gif

CHARLIE - Actually a nice looking tractor.... but it needs NEW front tires.....just because they fit doesn't make them right....

Latest posts

Back