• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 10, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art - You sure they aren't going to bounce off ?

Noel - East Tn is flat, what ya talkin 'bout ;)

Kraig - Since you posted the pics of Bryan's Original you brought this on yourself ... When you gonna get off yer sorry butt and finish yours ??

<font size="-2">Now if that's not a lead in I don't know what is ...</font>

KENtucky, ummmm as soon as I get a
66573.gif

Charlie - Now we need to have a raffle to see who's going to have to restore Kraig's Original for him
whistling.gif

I say we rig the raffle so Dan H. wins the honor!!!!!!
bouncy.gif
groupwave.gif
bouncy.gif
roflol.gif

KentucK - you worry too much - unless Art's the guy in that wheelie video on YouToooob.
Art- Nice work - BTW - do ya like the Miller helmet (and where did ja get those teeny welding magnets)??
Kraig - nasty day here - two hours in the dentist's chair - I'm working on the writing now...

Kendell - I worry to much ???
You evidently haven't had front weights bounce off and get into a disc mower.

Kraig - Don't ya know everytime there's a rigged raffle Charlie goes home with a Brinly plow ...
yikes.gif

Kraig-
"I say we rig the raffle so Dan H. wins the honor!!!!!!"

I say you get off your butt, and get it done!
bottom.gif

Ken-
No, the weights won't bounce off. I had to file down the casting flange inside the "hook" area on about half of them so they would even fit at all. They all fit snugly. Combine that with the fact that I don't drive my tractors "like I stole them" and I think we're good!
happy.gif

Kendel-
Yes, the helmet is nice. Everything that <font color="0000ff">Miller</font> makes is nice in my opinion. Magnets came from TSC in the bargain bin up front.

Thanks for the comments guys. Off to till the garden under for the fall.

Art, that's right, you only drive Keith E's tractor like you stole it......
66581.gif

Ken - I always tie My MWSC weights to My bracket on the 982 with a tarp strap. Doesn't keep them from wiggling but they can't come off. I ground the rough cast surface smooth before I painted them and I was able to get 12 weights on My bracket. Outside weights got the MWSC logo ground smooth and some old
ihrotate.gif
decals I had applied, even put some on the bracket. Since My weights & bracket would fit both the 982 and the 129 I had at the time My stuff got painted IH white. Since I sold the 129 I'd paint them red now, But they look good white.

Dennis - Art will find that after they jolt around a while that his tight fit will be rattling around getting lose. The tractor weights we had on our Duetz had a bolt through the back side that tightened up against the bracket but jolting around still loosened them up. Not the bolt but by wearing the metal down. I bounced off a couple of big Ferd weights one day too but that was mainly 'cause the front tires were foam filled (like solid wheels!) and a rut jumped a couple off.

So far Steve B's bracket looks the best ... keep trying guys ;)

KENtucky, which of Steve B's weight brackets, the one on his (14HP) 129 or the one on his 100?
dunno.gif

66583.jpg

Steve's 100

66584.jpg

Steve's (14hp) 129.

Here's Denny's weight bracket.

66585.jpg

Well I thought I liked the 129's weight bracket but now that I see Dennis' it looks better 'cause it's more massive. (Just harder to see with that pic)

KENtucky, here's a different view of Denny's weight bracket.

66587.jpg

Ken,
You have to remember that I'm an East TX transplant, so these hills look kinda impressive yet. The first year here I managed to roll 'old faithful' down beside the driveway. Wasn't pretty to see a grown man cry. I have also found that running my 127 while 'OF' was in rehab produced pretty good results, even with turf tires. 'OF' now has a set of 23X10.50X12 ag tires on now, so there are some strangely bare spots in my yard.....no honey, I have no idea how that happened.

KEN - Steve made the HARD bracket. NF tractors, especially the pre-quick-attach tractors are really hard (70/100, 71/102/122/123). The WF's are easy.
Wyatt gave Me a Q/T mule drive bracket for a NF I'm ready to go ahead with for My 72 but You have to bend around or space-out the sides around the grill casting and I haven't figured out how I want to accomplish that yet. I may have to make the small H-frame press Son's been harassing Me about from the 2" x 4" x 1/4" wall rect. tubing that followed Me home from Dad's a year ago. As Jesse James says "FREEBIE!"
I doubt if the 70 EVER gets a frt weight bracket. I never had much experience with the full size IH suitcase weights. By the time they were being producted the bad reputation of the 560's had caused almost everyone to go green around home. And until They copied IH and created a suitcase weight about 10+ yrs later their front weights were a REAL PITA. Guess that's why almost EVERY pulling vehicle, car, truck, or tractor uses IH suitcase weights.

Denny, Wyatt did a concept drawing for a NF weight bracket back when he had that 72 (does he still have the 72???), better have a talk with him....

66589.jpg

Again, thanks for all of the kind words on the 129's refurb.

The power Co. is upgrading lines and were at the back of the property today as I was clearing the fence line and had the 129 out pulling the debris sled and one of the older guys waved at me to come over and a Cub B.S. session was started. He said he grew up on a 127 that was used to clean manure out of his Dad's cow barn and seeing mine brought back good memories. I unhooked the sled and he took it for a spin,,,, even dropped the deck and he did some mowin'. The big smile on his face was great for my soul! The young guys were tapping on the fenders, hood, checking out the massive rearend and were amazed at the "toughness" of the "mower" and one asked where he could buy one just like mine. I just grinned but did explain that it is 33yrs. old and wrote down this web site address for them to puruse.

Nice weight bracket Art!! I was wondering what those red things were laying on the floor and now I know.

Todd H. please keep the pics. coming as you progress!!

Denny, that 982 is KICK A$$ beautiful and I love your mods.

David K. The ignition system is WAY COOL. Great piece of engineering that I recommend to all who are interested in never having to change out points again, have super strong spark and with a foolproof way to time your engine. Excellent instructions for installation and timing are included too. It's a win-win deal. I'm so impressed with the system I chose to display it on my tractor.

66592.jpg

Richard

KRAIG - The 72 & the 73 Wyatt had got sent down to the South-East part of the country I understand. That was back when Wyatt was living in Waukesha and I was storing His Cubs. I think all He has left is the 169 & Wheatland and some parts.

RICHARD - Thanks for the compliment....It always makes for a GOOD DAY when Kraig posts that pic of the 982 on here. Good thing that pic is a scan of a paper photograph so all the flaws don't show up. I replaced the Carlisle rear tires with Firestones a couple years ago....and last weekend the hydro trunion repair was completed and the Hydro fluid & filter was changed. I've had the tractor 6-7 yrs and only put 150 hours on it. If it had a radio on it like My 72 I'd run it more. It has the dual steering brakes, Cat. O 3-point, & aux. front remote hyd. outlets that I've never ever used. I wanted either an 1872 or 2072 but couldn't find one but when I saw this tractor for sale with a fresh rebuild, all new tires, and a WHOLE bunch of other new parts It was MINE! It's an '80 vintage so it's ALL IHC....
ihrotate.gif
Shift.gif

Denny, do you have a pic. of the radio on your 72?
6-7 yrs. and only 150hrs. on the 982
yikes.gif

Latest posts

Back