• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 10, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! I am having problems with resizing my pics! I am dying to get them to you all. Redneck+impatient+frustrated= 1 !@$#%& off cub owner, GRRRR! I will try again tomorrow eve, as I have one of those J-O-B's during the day

Todd-
Feel free to email them to me if you'd like. I'll be happy to resize/post them for you...

Todd H.
Click on Arts name and his email address is in his profile.
thumbsup.gif

Art, I think I'm a Cubaholic, I always seem to capitalize the O when I type Original.....
blush.gif

How do you get more speed out of your tractor? I have a 782D I just restored and runs great and moves good, but seems slower than it should be. I remember them going a lot faster. I have a 782 gas and that thing moves! Just wondering if there is a simple adjutemnt that I need to do, or if that is just the way it is.

Nate - Bigger hand on the throttle !
Bigger pump
Bigger injectors
Turbo

... and if Charlie would let go of the rear hitch while you're tryin to steal his 782D it'd go a lot faster
clappy.gif

Nate:

If your HyTran fluid is low, this can cause the same symptom. Also, your Hydro Filter may be partially plugged. This may need replacing to ensure a full flow of HyTran.

In addition, check your control linkages to see if they engage the Damper Plate (Item #1) and Cam Plate (Item #9) with a full movement.

66535.jpg

Richard: Love that restoration job! All Cubbies are great but taking an old workhorse and making him or (her) look new makes a old man drool.

yikes.gif
Pops

Thought I'd post a few pictures of the front weight bracket I made for the 169 awhile back....
<font size="-2">Sorry dial-uppers....</font>

First I tacked some straight sections onto the mule drive of my tiller...
66562.jpg

Then a piece of angle to them...
66563.jpg

66564.jpg

After test fitting a weight, I knew I was going to need to add some thickness to the angle...
66565.jpg

66566.jpg

So I added a piece of round-stock. Here it is before cutting it down to fit. You can see how the weight doesn't tilt down anymore, and it actually is tight enough that it doesn't move around either.
66567.jpg

Finally, I added a piece of diamond plate to top it off and hold the weights in there. Here it is with a couple weights missing so you can see the detail..
66568.jpg

And here it is with all of the weights in place..
66569.jpg

Art,
I agree. those are be-u-tif-ul!
Someday I need to either fab or buy a rear weight box, as my typical Eastern TN yard is near vertical in places..... (my weight doesn't count much)

Latest posts

Back