• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 06, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie P. (or anyone else) - are you able to tell me what type of belt I need based on the pictures that I provided?

Josh S., I believe a 1A tiller belt for a Narrow Frame Cub Cadet is part number: IH 487045 R2. This would be the long belt that runs from the PTO to the 90 degree gear box.

To add to Kraigs info,

You need a IH-487045-R2.
For Tractor Serial No. 400,000 & below

Or,
IH-549250-R1
For -Tractor Serial No. 400,001 & above

Josh S. You could also use a thick piece of rope and follow the path of the belt to help you gage what length you need. However this is not real accurate, I have only done it when I have done something custom and a stock belt size isn't available.
Does your tractor still have the serial number on it? If you post that we could help more.
Another thing to check is that your pulleys are all original, at least in size. You may have something not right if the belts Charlie listed won't fit.

The serial number on a 127 should be on the back of the rear end, left side, next to cover. This is as you are standing behind tractor looking forward.
I can get measurements off my tiller tomorrow on the pulleys. Your PTO looks right, can't see mule drive well enough.

Don't you guys just hate it when people go up to you and try to talk about your cub and say what you should do to it. I have someone telling me I should derby, drag race and etc with my cub. Funny part about the people, they are john deere fans. So they dont know a american made, built to last product.
bash.gif

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 115
General Question:
I have done a number of things to my 129 including putting on a new muffler. My question relates to the sound of the motor at full throttle. I know that the sound will be different with the new muffler, but it just sounds like it should be running at a higher RPM. It is not an issue with the mower deck but it could be with the snow blower. With out a tack, how do you determine if you want the RPMs higher.
Another comment about the big bang when you shut off the engine. I saw other comments regarding the bang so I know that I was not the only one. Since I put on the new muffle, no more bang.

Earl L.
"With out a tack,how do you determine if you want the RPMs higher."

You Don't

Don't know about the no big bang thing.
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 116
Earl L.-
Go get yourself an rpm gun. You just put a piece of reflective tape on the crank then you will know what you have for rpms. The (bang) a backfire usually I see it happen when a motor is not cooled down before shutting it off.

Earl - if you don't get an rpm gun there is also a small "vibra" tach (works based on vibration) that I happen to think works pretty good. I think Kohler may have shown it in their service manual or you can probably just search the net for it. About 25 years ago it was less than 10bucks so don't know how much it is now. Unless you've been tuning kohlers by ear for many years I wouldn't recommend just going by ear at all

I painfully posted pictures yesterday of the 127 because Charlie requested them.
I tried the rope trick a few times, but didn't feel comfortable with the measurements.

Josh, BTW, well done on the photos.
greenthumb.gif
We like photos.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 117
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 112
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 114
Josh, did your rope measurements come close to either belt size? Unless any of those pulleys has been changed, one of the two belts should fit. If I had a 1x6/7 series available I'd slap my tiller box on it and measure for you. But alas, I don't.
Did you purchase either or both belts just to test fit?

I do understand the frustration. It appears to be less than a 2 inch difference between them.
I'm still voting for finding the serial number if it is still on your 127.

Has the hurricane washed everyone away?
It is raining pretty good here, but the wind is not too bad.

Austin,

I'm not trying to tell you what to do with your cub, except for one thing.....
Enjoy it!!
thumbsup_old.gif
biggrin.gif

Josh,

Do you have a belt that is close, but too long? You could mark it where the excess is and get a close measurement of what it should be.

Earl,

This is a long shot concerning the bang, but have you checked the timing?
The static timing listed on this site works great.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 105
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 112
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 105
I measured my tiller gear box lower pulley, 5 inches outside. I don't have a caliper handy for inside. Hope this helps Josh

Last thursday I broke the prongs off my light switch on my 149, I was wondering if I could solder on where the prongs were. I dont want to replace it with a new switch since I like the look of this one.

I went into the garage this morning and seen some "stuff" sitting on the 149,,,,,

As my blood started to boil I calmly counted from 10 backwards to zero and began the monumental task of cleaning out the garage so THAT doesn't EVER happen AGAIN,,, EVER!!!

309870.jpg

309871.jpg

309872.jpg

Attachments

• 309871.jpg
    309871.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 309872.jpg
    309872.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 309870.jpg
    309870.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 309872.jpg
    309872.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 309871.jpg
    309871.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 309870.jpg
    309870.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 135
Austin-

I bet Charlie has one that looks just like it. Check out the CC Specialties box above. You can click on the little pic of the part to have a better view and if yours is OEM then it'll look the same.

Latest posts

Back