• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don T.
As long as you put'um on as good as Richard and don't have any bubbles in them we won't pick on ya.
biggrin.gif

OH WAIT, your from Canada!
wedgie.gif

Thanks for the kind words Don T. All I can tell you about the decal installation is like Charlie told me.... Patience, patience, patience. I made layout marks where they would go, taped them in place at the top, peeled the back off and started at one corner and "rubbed" em' in. Make sure the area where they are going is fully prepped and painted. ANYTHING in the bodywork or paint WILL show thru. Good luck with your 129/loader project!

Can you set the points gap just by looking at where the piston is in the stroke? I cant see the timing mark on the fly wheel for my 1250. For some reason, the sight window is too low.

OK Charlie, you made me think about this one. You will have to do some work to flip or rotate to fit. These are two different parts (note index holes). What do you think?
66285.jpg

Matt D.
I'll be the first to admit, I don't have a clue, LOL
I don't think this subject has ever been brought up that I recall, but I've got CRS ya know!
Maybe,hopefully, some will with more of a brain than I do will help us out here.
beerchug.gif

What I woke up to this morning.
guitarist.gif

66289.jpg

Under Edit: I just went back out and there's two more inches of the wet stuff and it's still dumping.
I guess I better get it scraped off the drive before it melts into a wet nasty sloppy mess.

Hello everyone...
I have a 1650. Earlier this year, I posted a question about my tractor stalling after running for some time, and not starting again until it cooled off. Someone told me try that mystery oil. Which I have been doing.

Well, that last three times I've mowed, the problem is back.

Besides using the mystery oil, I also replaced the condensor.

Are there any other suggestions I can try? What could be causing this? I mow for an hour or so, and the tractor spits, sputters and just stalls. How much mystery oil should I be using?

Please help....

I was just checking out the plow day pics and thought of a question that I have. The 122 seems to be really short on traction when it comes to pulling the 10" plow when the ground gets a little heavy. The tires are loaded with washer fluid plus 75lbs weights in each side and my big rear in the driver seat. Do you think that maybe going to a 10.5 tire would be worth the expense?
dunno.gif

For what its worth the plow is now clean and in pretty good condition. I also have a fron weight brkt in the works.

66293.jpg

Charlie and Matt,

The two different S/G end housings are for either PTO or flywheel side applications. Cubs use the PTO side. Deere, Bolens, etc. use flywheel side S/G's

D Kirk, I suspected that but was not sure! I know I had all kinds of belt problems with the flywheel side end frame.

Edward T:
It may be a long shot, but depending on how many hours on the 1650, you might want to check valve lifter clearances - I dealt with this on my Cushman Eagle (Husky 8 hp flathead) when I got it a few years ago.. It'd start and run but the lifter clearances were at less than a thousandth from years of use - as soon as the valves heated up, they wouldn't seat and the motor wouldn't run, or start until it cooled down. Assuming you've got good hot spark and all the other basics.....

Chris P. With the points cover removed observe the point gap while you rotate the engine by hand. Taking the spark plug out helps when doint this. When the little pushrod opens the points to their widest gap them there at .20. Hope this helps.

Edward T. If you do a search on losing power most times the culprit was identified to be a bad coil.

Directions for usage are on the Marvel Mystery Oil bottle. Alot of the old pro's on here recommend mixing it in a large gas container instead of directly into your cub's tank.

BrianB, how much air pressure are you running? I have 6/12 ags on my plow boy 100 and NO weight other than my big butt and I usually have very little problem with my 10" plow unless I hit a root. My secret............... 8psi air pressure.I also never run at more than 1/2 throttle as I think higher rpm causes wheel spin.Now i know some guys will say this leads to overheating etc. and the manual says to run f.t. but I've NEVER EVER had one bit of trouble.

Edward T.

A bad coil can cause the tractor to stall when it gets hot, but I have also seen a bad head gasket cause that exact symptom.

Hello
Well I think I fixed the leak on the 782 with an Magnum 18 on it. I took the filter off and put a new gasket behind the filter housing. I'm so glad there were no pressure lines to replace.Thanks guys for the suggestions( The helpful ones)
ihrotate.gif

Question, Does any one have specs for making a rear blade for a wide frame. Any help would be great. I have a homemade blade just need some ideas.
Charlie, hope this is in right place.

Back