• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Richard-
Nice work on the paint job. I'd say it's a 6.5' paint job, and no more!
happy.gif

Yes, those drawings do the same thing to me everytime she draws them. I'm a lucky man to have the life I have with her in it. I'm also fortunate because she loves to draw, so my entire office here at work is filled with her artwork.
angel.gif

Steering question: I'm going to do the "super steering upgrade on my 126. I have heard that some put a bearing on top of the steering column instead of the plastic bushing. My question is, what does the bearing rest on. It's just a hollow tube right? Anyone tried this mod?

1250 question - My timing window is a little to low so that I can see the mark on the fly wheel. My question is, where in the piston stroke do I gap the points at .020"? Top? Just before? Just after? Thanks in advance and thanks for all the help so far, you guys are awesome!!!!!

Charlie,

That sure is a pretty picture but where do you get the parts?

Jim T.

The bearing can be got at most hardware stores, its the same bearing used in wheel barrels tires.
The foam peace is also advailable at your hardwear store.
See the last page of posting, there is where you can find more info Charlie posted on the foam peace.

Lonny,
The bearing is the same but a cheaper version used in 99% of all Cub Cadet front wheels.
And if you can find those foam pieces at your hardware store, we need to talk!

Jim T.
CLICK HERE

John,
Please post your question in the CCC and MTD Machines & Equipment section.
thumbsup_old.gif

Charlie

What are the spindle sizes for the wheel bearings on a Cub Cadet Original?

Charlie.

I made a mistake
bottom.gif

I was dont know what I wa thinking.
dunno.gif

You are correct, the foam pice Jim was refering to is the actual foam pice IH used and not the pipe insulation that can be usde as a subastute.

help.gif

My 127 has been blowing starter belts.
It has a aftermarket starter/gen purchased off the pay site.
I had been useing a 4L 32inch belt, but when I replaced it with a new belt, the belt does not ride in the grove of the pully on the motor.

I have tried useing the correct belt IH 401960-R1
but it is to long, as I run out of slot befor the belt is tight enough to turn over the motor.

Has anyone tried shimming the starter/gen bracket out from the motor? Would this work? Is this possable?

Robert O.
Originals use oil impregnated bushings in the front wheels and are 3/4" if memory serves me right.
66272.jpg

Lonny,
Are you sure you have the right pulley on the S/G?
Your right on the belt though.
IH-401960-R1----3/8 X 31 11/16"

If I were you, I would set the S/G in the middle of the arm slot and measure, and just get a belt to fit whatcha have.

Charlie.

I have tried a NAPA belt 3L731 (3/8" wide by 31 inch long) which fits into both the starter/gen pully and sits correctly in the motor pully, BUT it is to short, meaning with the starter/gen pushed all the way up to the motor the 3L731 will not fit and when I try the next size belt a 3L732 I run out of adjusting slot befor the belt tightend up enough to turn the motor over, same as with the IH belt.
The pully I have on the starter/gen is the 3inch pully.
Now to throw another wrench into this,
When I replace the starter on the 127 with the one from my 100 the 3L732 belt & the IH belt both allow me 1/2 of the slot in the adjustment arm for tightening the belt.

And if I try putting the starter from the 127 onto the 100 I run into the same thing with the belts not fitting.

Robert O, the OCC front spindle bushings are approx. 7/8" I.D.

From the Service Manual:

66277.jpg

Lonny:

There is a difference in S/G pulleys. They are NOT all the same. Make sure you have the correct pulley & belt for your model, properly aligned and tension applied, then your problems should disappear.

thumbsup.gif

lonny, there is a difference in end frames also! Take a look at the two together from the pully end view your new one may have the wrong end. You may be able to swap them.

here is a pic of what I'm talking about. The one on the right is correct. note the offset
66280.jpg

Lonny,
Unless I'm seeing it wrong, It looks like the one on the left needs to be rotated 180 degrees and it might be right?

Richard i`am just starting to redo my 129 with loader .have me decals (by way of C.C. Specialties) to ihope my Cub will look like yours when completed. Fine job you did. i`ll have a little more work to get the loader painted and up to par.I`am thinking Black maybe.
later Don tanner
animatedihbear.gif

Latest posts

Back