• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 04, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know the correct paint that i should use to paint an IH #2 cart? I am going to paint mine on Friday.

STEVE - I'd use IH # 935 white. Your cart may have been painted with either IH # 901, #902, or #903 white when built but only #935 is available anymore. Your local CC or Case/IH/New Holland dealership should have it in spray cans, quarts, & gallons.

As do R.F. Houtz and Madson's, and probably Cadet Collectors Supply Room.
thumbsup_old.gif

And any good paint store that carries popular brands of auto paint can mix any of the three whites with the numbers in the FAQ.

Hey guys is there any way to take off the frame cover behind the dash board without taking the fenders off? Whenever I try it doesn't work?

ANDREW - We'll assume your talking about your 128. I've removed the center tunnel cover on a 129 & 982, remove the four bolts/screws, slide it forward, might need to pry it some with something that doesn't mar the paint, then lift the rear end up and back and it should come right off.

Thanks guys for the info on paint. I am have the neighbor paint it with his pull so i get a little better finish and hopefully harder.

Where do you guys get all the mini front weights for your Cubs. I have IH tractor weights for the back but would like to get some for the front.

On a CC originalis there a locking collar that goes on the front bearing?

Kraig, Denny I have that tractor now, minus the mud. I come home with at least a 5 gallon bucket of dirt/mud from Steve's plow days. Its great!!!

Can i change the manual pto to a elec on a 125 cadet or is it not the thing to do. Thanks Kenny

Ive had the tires on my 149 look just like that so many times Ive lost count. I just park it in the yard where I clean the mower decks off and hit the tires with a mallet, pops right out in nice chunks. That or let it dry and it all falls off anyway.

Kenny an electric PTO clutch wants to take up the same space as the pulley it now uses to start the engine. Plus without the starter/generator you have no way to charge the battery. The block is not drilled and tappped for the ring gear starter like a QL engine. Not sure the narrow frame would clear the larger flywheel/blower housing for that starter.

coffee.gif

Kenny,
Anything is possible with the right adapter...
clappy.gif
Although a CC electric clutch won't fit as they do on the QL and newer series, I grafted a Warner clutch on my 149 and ran it for years... I had a shaft extension made, as the s/g pulley uses up too much crankshaft length. A chain locatesd the floating clutch and keeps it from spinning. safety switched must be rigged to keep the tractor from starting while the clutch is engaged. I used a relay and the stock PTO switch...

231291.jpg

231292.jpg

installed view, depicpting the snowthrower speed-up option...
thumbsup.gif

231293.jpg

CHRIS E. - You have Wyatt's 169? Your a lucky Guy! I stored that tractor for a while when Wyatt iived in Waukesha. He came out one weekend after a Saturday PD up by the Dells and helped me mow & vacuum leaves. He still had four pairs of wheel weights on that 169 and Gator's on his 44" deck. It was pulverising the dry leaves into dust! I got something like 12-15 loads of clippings & leaves from 1/3 of my yard and about six loads from the rest of the yard where there were more trees because the dust from the leaves blew out of my vacuum cart. It wasn't a PD but it was a fun day anyhow!

Glad that tractor got a good home! I have to agree, I've hauled a bit of dirt home from Bluniers and a bit less from Travis's.

Latest posts

Back