• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 04, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpatterson

displayname
Mike Patterson
Gotta get the 982 ready this weekend to plow. Garden is done and its time to roll over some ground! Can't wait. Hope the rain holds off for a few days to dry things up. Not sure yet if I am going to add some multch first before plowing, then it can be burried under the ground all winter, ready to start rotting down even more come Spring?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Need to get the two nuts re-welded on my sleeve hitch and get it painted as well. I cracked the crappy welds on the nuts when I tried it out the first time. I don't really need them but I figured I should fix it right before I paint it. Picked up two bombs from local IH Dealer a few months ago. Going to paint it the IH white after priming it. Figured it would be best to get this done before the cold weather set in and didn't let up. YIKES! Where did Summer go anyway?

OOHHHH...That worked like a charm Charlie.
I give up....well...maybe.

Ed, go to the bottom of this page, below the "add message" box. In the orange line is 'Help/Instructions'. All sorts of stuff, including the 'hidden address' function.
When I do it I end up with something like this.
/link{URL,descr text}
The { } are upper case next to letter P
URL is internet address of ur image
desc text can be 'look here' 'click' etc.
NOTE: there is a comma and no space between URL and descrip.

Charlie, Allen, I believe it's Eddie's smart phone that insists on adding in the html tags. He and I had some emails back and forth the other day trying to figure it out. I don't have a smart phone so I can't experiment with it but it sounds like the problem is the phone not the operator.
1a_scratchhead.gif
a_blink2.gif
dunno.gif

Hey Allen,
First, thanks for trying to help. If I were posting from a PC I wouldn't be having this problem. But I'm posting from an Android phone and the upload option below will not work. Therefore I have to use Photobucket to post pics and it won't let me edit the link. I'm going to start a new thread in the sandbox because this is certainly off topic.

thanks Dennis Frisk i have to look see that i have the cam end clerince in spec. i think when i set it i had set the cam end clearince at 7-8 thousands of an inch but i will try to get it closer. now i had put a used crankshaft in my moter it had a knocked be for i put the used the crankshaft in do u think the camshaft gear is wore that bad. and is a camshaft out of a 12 hp kohler the same as the 10 hp kohler

I have a 125 and it is missing the mechanical clutch. I am wondering if anybody has converted one of these to a electric clutch ? Thanks Kenny

Glenn, I assumed Kenny was asking about the PTO clutch.

Ahh gotcha, forgive me, I dont know why I didnt think about the PTO
facepalm.gif

Glen, almost the same thing happened to me a month or so ago.

stupid.gif

Dumb question time! Before I go tearing this appart, figured I would ask and save myself some time. I have 2 sets of weights on my 782 I just bought this year which is in hiding. They have the weights mounted on the inside of the wheels. Am I right in thinking those weights will fit onto my 982 on the outside of the rims? Just need the correct length of carrige bolt. Figured if they did I might throw them on the 982 this year for plowing since I did not get my ag tires yet. Any thoughts?

MIKE, CHARLIE - The weights definitely fit on the outside but I think they'll hit the calipers on the disc brakes on the inside.

And with turf tires on a 982, you might want to throw a set of chains on the tires to get traction. I had my 982 @ PD #6 I think it was, "The MUD Bowl" and I had 3 pair of weights plus a cheap pair of Carlisle lugs and when SON spun out he'd shove the hydro lever full speed forward and both tires would spin full speed and start digging for China. The Onan would bark a little but all forward progress would stop.

I doubt I will spend the money on chains. I don't really ever have any intention of using my Cub in the winter. I would rather put that money towards a new set of ags when the time comes. I guess I will be digging out the 782 this weekend and see if I can get the wheels off and snag the weights for the 982. Worth a try I'd say. Its Turkey weekend here in Cananda - so will have to work that into the many jobs and a big feast! YUMMY!!
snacks.gif

Denny, Plow Day 4 was the muddy one at Blunier's. One of my favorite photos from that Plow Day is this one of Wyatt's 169.

231261.jpg

KRAIG - I think I better write that fact that the Mud Bowl was PD #4 down somewhere.

If we did PD Calendars, That pic of Wyatt's 169 would be the January feature shot!

Latest posts

Back