• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 03, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khoogmartens

displayname
Koen Hoogmartens
Hello,

Thanks to all for the great help, I think I will keep searching for another mower deck/ Snow thrower. The Cadet will definitly be restored to the original colors. I already orderd decals and an air filter in the USA, parts for cadet are very hard to find here in Belgium.
This is our only cadet, we only have IH tractors. More pictures on my website: www.mccormickihc.tk

Greetings from Belgium
Koen Hoogmartens

Can anyone tell me the left capacity the electric left in lb used on cub cadets?

low and behold the VR is bad... wish he hadn't done that to a new VR.
Cheaper than a Gen.

Thank you Kraig.

Starting to think about snow here.
Got the 125 out of the back shed. Still has the blade and chains on it. Was slow to crank, even with a jump. Wires? S/G?
After last year It may just be traumatized.

a_weep.gif

We want to go over the whole tractor but did not make time yet this year. Last year we did split it. Rag joint was close to failure, trunion was bad. But over all have not given it the attention it deserves.
I don't like to use the "Only fix it if it's broke" methodology. But when my broken list gets longer than my maintenance list...........

Hope to get a day or three to change the head gasket, maybe valves. Might try timing this time, see what the butt dyno tells me.
Oil change going to try 5-30 this year. Filter and Hytran.
Hydraulic lift, hose has a small leak, linkage has a hose clamp on it to keep it in place.

Might be able to start this Sunday? Taking mom and dad over to the middle of the state tomorrow, celebrating Grandmas 101st birthday.

You all have a good weekend.
Bill

hope this is in the right place,but can anyone tell me the best way to remove decals. pull them off but you have that glue residue left behind.

My wife reminded me that I quit buying Cub Cadets 2 years but have acquired 6 of them since.

I have a cub cadet original with the creeper in it. The creeper will not shift and will not turn at all. I removed the clutch assembly and put pressure on the shaft and it still will not turn. I assume the gears in the creeper is locked up. Can the creeper be removed with the shift handle in it. If not how do I remove the handle? Thanks.

At work we had a disc that chucked in a drill that had an eraser type material on it. Took the decal and the glue off and left the paint. I have seen them online but they run about $35. A heat gun will work but you have to be careful. You can pull them off and use Goo Gone on the residue.

Goo Gone is pretty good, but it is slow. I think WD-40 is also good getting glue off and it is safe too. We use PVC cleaner on the tough stuff at work, but then we're not trying save a paint job.
smile.gif

Keith O:
Contrary to some opinions, I think what you will find is that the groove in the worm will have worn wider in some areas, usually at the center. When you put a new follower in, you have to compromise on the lash adjustment, as adjusting it tight in the center will cause it to bind where the worm isn't worn.

Your right Gerry, I'm going to leave it like it is till I find a different steering column that I can afford.

I am kinda confused on the installation of a model 451 blower on a 782 that was originally set up for a Super frame. I have looked at the manual, and about the only thing I can see that needs to change is the removal of the "Carriage Bracket Extension". Fig 6 in the manual. I can't seem to get it to stick in here as an attachment? Am I wrong? What about the belt, do I have to change it?

It is a little confusing for the "little people" running around in my head!
a_blink2.gif

KEITH O. - Good luck finding a cheap steering gearbox that isn't worn out. I rebuilt the one on my #72 twice and finally broke down and bought a brand new one about 10-12 yrs. ago and installed it 8 yrs. ago. I thought $300 was a TERRIBLE price then but I see they're $415 now. I bought mine at my local C/IH dealers Spring parts sale, saved 10%, and he had one on the shelf back then.

Luther H.
Yes the creeper will come out with the handle attached.
Take out the 2 bolts, slide it forward about 2" and drop it down.
Don't loose the pin!!!!
biggrin.gif

Gotta take care of your local IHCC.com members Dennis. I emailed Keith with a sweet deal for one of the spares laying on my shelves. $300!!! Seriously, new sure, but used are usually about a 1/10 of that.

I need to verify the cross reference in a different thread cause it came from a CCC model. Good thing it's going in IH built machinery. Even if it is a QL.

NIC - The old gearbox from my 72 was beyond worn out. I kept it as a souvenir but other than that it had no value as a steering gearbox.

The 70 I refurbished had a new gearbox installed around 1970 or so when the old one split the diecast gear case. Of any gearboxes I've had apart, it was in the best shape, no new parts needed, just fresh grease and a careful reassembly and it steered like new.

I don't part out CC's, so don't have hoards of parts laying around. I buy parts as I need them.

Nic, Thank You, All the places I looked say I have IH-400884-R91 and 703-1085 is either the replacement or an alternative.

Back