• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 02, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonny "It is possable to pull a 10" plow 7"deep in 3rd gear, lots of fun, hard to keep the furrow straight, to dangerous to try in a field crowed with others though. But WOW!! what a blast it was."

14hp Plow Special, Midwest Super Cub clutch, 280lb rear weight, 8" deep, 10" wide, 3rd gear WOT...I had to keep slowing down for those darn hydros...like Wes Hinson and Bubba
happy.gif
But I never could catch Keith with his 23hp 129+...

D. Mull
I guess I anit the only one here crazy enough to attempt plowing in 3rd gear.
Kind of hard to make a nice furrow though, seems the dirt wants to fly over way to far.

Might have to give it a try next time I am down in Iowa for plowday though.
You get a lot longer run there then in my short 187 foot garden.

I wonder how fast I could plow with my 25hp 3235 hydro??? Will have to waite until next spring to find out, as I have no more gardens to plow this fall.

How come you gear drive guys are playing with those little 10" plows...
lol.gif

Bone stock 1450 with 3 sets of IH weights, pulling a 12" Brinly.
buttrock.gif

41449.jpg

The 1450 will pull it full speed, but the plow throws the dirt too far, so I usually plow at WOT, and the handle about 3/4 forward. At a plow day, I had a 250lb. guy jump on the plow to try to stall me out...I felt the tractor suddenly slow, so I pushed the hydro handle all the way forward and almost dumped him off.

BTW, that is my son operating the tractor in that picture, he plowed all but the first 2 furrows of the garden...his first time ever plowing. He was 12 at the time.

My 105 runs fine , but when i mowing i have to pull the hydro lever way back , so that i am barely moving. if i try to go faster the motor seems to start bogging down. Is there any adujtments or is the motor just worn out?

Cletus, without hearing your 105 run it's hard to say if the engine is down on power. Something to check would be the mower deck spindle bearings, the bearing in the idler/tension pulley on the mowerdeck and the bearings on the two pulleys on the mule drive. If these are binding up any it'll take more HP to turn it, the additional load of actually cutting grass will then really hog the engine down. I have a 42" mower deck that the idler/tension pulley was seizing up on and it would almost stall the engine, a few sprays of PB Blaster freed it up and some oil after that have kept it working fine for 4 or 5 years now.

Lonny, I always wear ear protection when operating my power equipment. Unless like you mentioned, it's just to move the tractor a few feet. I usually wear ear muffs but sometimes I wear ear plugs and once in a while I wear both.

Charlie, thanks for the detail photos of the modified Johnny Bucket. My #2 125 has a note on it that the previous owner (which was a large corporation) added "in case ya forget" too.
happy.gif

41451.jpg

Wild Bill,

I see in your profile photo that you have a tiller on the back of one of your tractors. My garden is suited to tilling rather than plowing. Can you tell me a bit about the tiller so that I can start looking for one that will fit my 1650.

Eric, the tiller that you'll want for your 1650 would be the #2 tiller though the #1 tiller will also work. You'll also need the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> 3 point hitch.

41453.jpg

This is the #2 tiller.

41454.jpg

This is the gearbox which is required for the tiller and should come with the tiller.

LONNY B. - I have an AM/FM/Cassette deck on the 72 I run the vacuum with and on those long days I wear the headphones for it all the time....but normally You can hear the radio OVER the sound of the 72 & vacuum. The 72 has the small salt-shaker muffler like a 100 would have...Last hearing test I had I still had good results... ..but My Wife would disagree.... When I get the K321 built for the 72 it'll have a low mounted straight pipe exiting on the right just above the S/G pulley similar to the larger mufflers on the later NF tractors & early WF's. My 129 I sold this summer & the 982 have OEM mufflers, but the Super H and M have Stainless steel straightpipes. If I was to run them hard for an extended time They would have the OEM replica mufflers from MARK's Tractor Parts. I have the cheap Stanley replacements for both of them but I hate the way they sound. The 70 will get the complete K-241 out of the 72 including the muffler when I drop the K321 into the 72... First serious fieldwork I did as a 9 yr old Kid was on a JD R diesel.....and My ears rang for six hours afterwards....

We guys I got myself in a pickle. Went to change brakepads on a 124. I find that the countershaft is broden where the brake disc goes on the splines! Would it be easier to find another rear or tackle the replacemet of a shaft if I can locate one? The brake disc was chewed like a rotor with the rivets digging in it. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back