• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 28, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eddie-
Nope, not a clue...
wink.gif

Eddie, Looks like Scott, Art and Tom know who you are referring to. Does he look like this?

233147.jpg

Photo taken at PD4 back in 2002.

Tom,
That was before my time but no I can't.
Kraig,
Can't tell from the rear plus his hair is a lot shorter.
Figured y'all knew. He didn't mention the forum until I brought it up and even then just mentioned a couple of people he knew that used to be members. I knew his name sounded familiar but couldn't place it until I was already in a conversation with him. Then I remembered and didn't mention anything about grass.

Also purchased an "O" deck, headlight and switch and rear lift assembly. Good thing I wasn't buying to resale. No margin for profit. Wouldn't make it as an "American Picker".

Eddie, yeah I didn't think you'd recognize him from that side. How about this photo?

233149.jpg

Bryan McMeen took this photo. BTW, the Original in the photo is the same Original at the top of the page. This is what it looked like before Bryan and Dan Hoefler restored it.

EDDIE HA-HA.... about American Pickers, My Wife met MIKE I think it is, the tall skinny one someplace last Friday down around Davenport, IA. I watch the show sometimes but it's far from a favorite.

Guy you bought your tractors from grew up around there too, Silvis, IL.

Dennis,
Small world.
Kraig,
Just noticed what you wrote under the photo. Dan was one of the names he mentioned. I'm surprised he didn't mention that Original.

Eddie, he was jokingly, I recall, trying to buy that Original from Bryan. Perhaps Bryan will fill in the story behind the photo. I recall that he was driving around the midwest buying up Cub Cadets and parts with a big blue Ford van and while in the area he payed a visit to Bryan.

233151.jpg

Not sure who is with him in this photo, but that's his blue van and trailer.

He also made it up to visit Dan Hoefler. Here a photo from that visit. Looks like Denny and Bryan were there as well.

233152.jpg

Left to right: Dan Hoelfer, Dennis Frisk, Jim Steele, Bryan McMeen.

Bryan, Denny, who took the above photo? Dan's wife?
1a_scratchhead.gif

The more I learn about cubs the more confused I get.
Your information is clear about narrow frame and wide frame. 72/73/104/105/106/107/124/125/126/127/147 are all narrow frame? I now have a 125 hydro and I know 105 is a hydro. Which other narrow frames are hydro or did they just put them on different cubs including the wide frame ones.

Randy, odd last number = Hydro. Examples: 123, 105, 125, 107, 127 and 147. Wide Frame Hydros are: 109, 129, 149 and 169. With the Quiet Line series, if it has a "50" in the model number it's a Hydro. Examples: 1250, 1450 and 1650.

Kraig, whatever happened to the Original from the top of the page? Does someone on the forum still own it? Just curious as to the history on it. Speaking of "pickers" my Saturday yard sale adventures did not find me a winter project.
Tim P.

Tim, the original owner of that Original was a guy with the last name Srenaski. Bryan bought it from him or his daughter. Bryan and Dan completely disassembled it and restored (WAY better than a restoration actually) it. Not sure who Bryan sold it too. Here are some photos of it and the original owner, when it was brand new. I am the current owner of the dozer blade that is on it in the photos. I also own the mower deck that was with it when Bryan bought it.
proud.gif

233154.jpg

233155.jpg

Kraig, Thanks I always wondered about that pic and its history.

Kraig,
If memory serves me correctly from when the photo was originally posted, that is Jim's father with him in the photo with the van and trailer, at his fathers place. Believe he showed up at a lot of places on that trip.

With 3"-5" on the way, already coming down, I guess it was time to change over my tractors. I got wieght on the back of the Cub but the OT still needs chains and wheel wieghts, but it is a back up so I have time. Let the season begin!

233162.jpg

I recently bought a cub 100 to restore that was taken apart already. I am having trouble finding a picture of how the choke and throttle cables are attached. If someone could post a pic for me that would be great.

Today was a good day! This was my first chance to work on the 1250 parts tractor that I put a 10HP in last week. You guys suggested a few different things to correct my running issues. Well, I started at the easiest things and went from there. Much to my surprise, putting a gasket between the carb and block and a new used condenser, it started and ran almost perfect. It even started in 40 degree weather with no problems.
Somehow I missed the gasket when I put the carb on. Not sure if that was the main reason for the poor running issue or most likely the condenser. Just wanted to thank everyone who responded to my thread a few days back. It sure is nice to have people like you here.
Thanks, Mark

Latest posts

Back