• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 26, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhasson

displayname
Nick Hasson
Matt, I sandblasted everything down to bare metal and epoxy primed and then IH Cub painted the parts and here are a few before after pics, note: not as far as long or as nice as Kraig's but if you put the extra time in now, you won't regret it. Nick
97476.jpg

97477.jpg

Nick
thats a amazing transformation, great job.

What brand primer did you use under the IH cub paint?
did you do the 149 in your profile also?Thats a looker to!
Now I see,almost all the fins on the engines (cylnders) painted,but not the heads.Is this common? Just wondering.Should you not paint,only the head?

Thanks Matt,
Nice site you have there.Are You the creator of that nice Cat 0 for wide frames sold above?I saw it or similar in your "projects".Looks great.

Happy thanks giving all

JASON - Paint is a wonderful insulator of heat, even the fins on the cylinder should not be painted. When I rebuilt My K321 to "Killer Kohler" spec's for use in My #72 with the small flywheel & blower housing I knew I would be reducing the cooling capacity so I painted the engine with a brush and some really thinned down semi-gloss black paint so I could better control what was painted. I powder-coated the sheet metal and brush painted the block only, not the cyl. fins, head, oil pan, even left the blower hsg. bearing plate bare alum. I was going to put temp. gauges on everything on this engine but time & $$$$$ didn't allow, I was going to put cyl. head temp, oil temp, and Exh. Gas Temp gauges on plus a tach. I was actually running out of room for all those gauges even with the lower mini-dash panel I was going to make. It would have worked much better on a WF or a 10/12 HP later NF tractor. Their frames had a wider top surface than My 72.

<font color="119911">Happy Thanksgiving to Jason in California, Don T. in Nova Scotia, and everyone in between.
coffee.gif
</font>

Jason D.-

Nope, another member here makes those. Here is his website:

http://www.xtrememotorworks.com/

I haven't made much progress on mine. My goal is to finish it next spring. It's hard for me to get too much cub stuff done when I'm away at college 7 months out of the year.

Can anyone tell me what model cub this is? A local has it for sale but is not sure what model it is. The serial number is 288931 but I'm not sure if it has the original hood on it or not. I can't make out the model number on the hood anyway.
image{cub}
97483.jpg

Judging by the paint on the dash that appears to be a model 72. The later model 73 was the same tractor but had a white dash to match the new fiber glass dash that was on the larger models 104, 124 and 125.

Jason, on the 149 I used self etching primer and IH paint. On the Original I used epoxy primer (don't remember what brand), I think the numbers were AUE-900 and AUE 901. That stuff is hard as nails after it dries and lasts forever. Thanks for the comments, Nick
beerchug.gif

Greeting Forum members from Sunny Florida, it was a beautiful 76 degree Thanksgiving Day here. I hope everyone's day was as nice as ours. We went out to eat so the wife was happy about not having any kitchen time. I haven't posted in quite some time, read the form daily and continue to be amazed at the amount of CC knowledge here. I have a 127 I got 12/1/08 that still hasn't run but I hope that will change in the near future. Honestly only about 40 hours have been put in on the project in a year since ALL of my work had to be done outside. I did put down some weed cloth after hand grading a small area but working outside even in Florida is not fun. Last weekend I "borrowed" some garage space from a neighbor and moved the CC inside Tuesday. It is really nice to have a concrete floor and lights/outlets handy. current stumbling block is an electrical problem...the starter won't stop turning even with the key off (and out); I spent part of yesterday taking off plastic wire loom and lots of black tape to get to the wiring harness so I could trace it out and ohm it out. Did the 127 come with split plastic wire loom? Now that I can work indoors I'm hoping to make real progress on my project CC.

I need some help trying to decide if my new 124 has the correct steering column. I was prepared to mount my windbreaker and there is almost no clearance between the steering wheel and the yoke of the windbreaker. The previous owner of the windbreaker said he bought it new for his 124 so I'm pretty sure I have the correct one.

The column looks a little long. Could someone with a 104 or 124 measure the distance that their column extends through the cowl?

Thanks.
Terry

<font color="119911">Happy thanksgiving all. Hope no one ate too much...
uhoh.gif
All is good here in St Louis MO. Beautiful day here. And I didn't even burn the turkey!!
buttrock.gif
chef.gif
explotar2jr.gif
</font>

Anyone out there have sales lit pics of 106. Trig to see what orig seat looked like.

Latest posts

Back