• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard C - Wow, I'm very impressed. Mine's never been that clean. Looks like I've got a modification to make on my deck! Thanks for the pics.

What can you tell me about the add-on supports over the top of each end of the deck?

Question for you guys: I have a CC 129 with a 1A International tiller on it. Both work great, especially since a friend rebuilt the PTO clutch. The paint on the 129 is not bad, but the tiller is a pure rust color. Anybody know what the original color was? I was going to paint it either CaseIH white or Federal yellow, then saw a photo of a 1A somewhere that looked like it was some kind of a darker cream color.

Jim P.
Most everyone goes with IH 935 White.
thumbsup_old.gif

The 759-3259 is the creamy white Cub Cadet color you mentioned.

Greg L. I built the deck supports and the front swivel casters because the 50 inch decks are kind of flimsy, especially the rear wheel on the right side. Used 1 inch square tubing for the supports.

70810.jpg

Richard C - Very cool. I'm going to save your pics/design for future reference. I haven't used my 50C for a while, but if/when I start again, it may be time for an upgrade (both supports and cleanout holes). Thanks for sharing.

Craig
Before you buy that rod,be sure to "mike" the shaft to make sure it doesn't need turned undersized. Kohler makes a .010 undersized rod. I did my 126 and 147 recently and they both needed turned. Also "mike" the cylinder bore,both of mine needed bored also. Both looked good at the top of the bore,but had lots of wear at the bottom of the stroke. Take the piston out for a good look before ordering parts. If it needs bored the machine shop may want the new piston at hand to get the proper fit. Have fun

Doing a complete resto on a 66' 122 and I've run into a problem. Original engine K301, 4759B spec. was slopped out by previous owner. cylinder bore is mic'ing out at 3.416-3.420 in various locations. Should I find another block? What about sleeving? If I need another block, what spec's can I use. Need some advice to continue my project.

thanks,
alex

Not honed. As in slopped out like a call-girl. Previous owner said he only had head replaced, but it was obvious that the crankcase was worked over a few times. I'm left with a spent block.

Alex: I knew what you meant. Rebuilt to many things from past owners. I have used worse words.
rofl.gif

Pops

Latest posts

Back