• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 24, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ted,
I agree with Steve "B". I know it's kinda' "shade treeish" but your're in a pinch, you get a piece of the some size pipe and cut slits into into the treaded part, you can tread it in there to clean things up a bit.

Tom,

Who hasn't made chasing taps out of the same sized thread with a few cuts in it???!!!!

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Dennis F,
You asked for more pics of that Brinly thingy I had.
I asked Robb K. about it on the WFM board and he was kind enough to post what it really was.
I guess the PO switched it to Cat.0!
32538.jpg

32539.jpg

32540.jpg

32541.jpg

32542.jpg

I have a 1450 and need help with the snow blower. so far I have tried spraying the shute with car polish, painting on slip plate, added a deflection tube to the exhaust and it still pluges up in the shute. Does anyone have and ideas to improve the efficiency of this think?
thanks jack

Jack M.
Your feeding it to fast. Slow down and take less of a cut.
32545.jpg

Steve B can tellya, it's really cool when you can tube snow the right way. Notice he's not taking the whole width of the thrower.
32546.jpg

Course I like blowin mine with a single stage,
32547.jpg

Hey Bryan,
Even in the 1930's they knew enough to
RTFM2.gif
when making repairs.
32563.jpg

Jeff S., there were no dual brake setups available for the 782. I believe some have fabricated dual brake setups for Cubs and some have altered the dual brake setup that is on later Cubs to fit the older ones.

Creeper/Clutch update. Received the new clutch driver last Fri. and installed on Sat. When I replaced the tunnel cover I noticed that the creeper handle didn't line up with the slot in the cover at all and was too short even with the shifter extension. Since there was still a couple of inches of snow on the driveway I fired her up put her in gear and got nothing....no forward or reverse. I shifted the creeper and still nothing, but noticed that the creeper shifter was really free. So pulled the creeper unit again and found that the pin on the shifter lever had dropped out and was sitting on the drain plug. Now when I initialy had the unit out I tried the remove this pin and it wouldn't budge. Well I put the pin back in and blew off the drive way without trying the creeper cause the pin seems a little loose now. Looks like another part to replace in this drive.

Todd C,
Kinda makes ya wonder if inanimate objects think! That SOB beat me so long,I'll just fall out AFTER he puts me back together!
biggrin.gif

Charlie- You think it was revenge for the beating?

Should the pin actually touch or ride up in the large slot in the rear gear that the lever moves back and forth to engage the creeper drive?

Hello: It has been several months since I last used this web site. Since I have recently retired, I would like to get back to doing Cub Cadet Stuff. I have two Cubs; a 149 and an 1811. The 149 has been almost completely restored and painted. The 1811 needs some cosmetic work done. I also have a 42A snow blower that I am getting ready to attach.
Question: What type of grease is used in the right angle gear box on the 42A blower?

Roger, here's what the manual says:

32565.jpg

Note that "Illust. 16" does not show anything on the gear box, just the grease zerk locations on the drive shaft.

Most guys I know fill them with grease. Now what grease is the question.

Chalie, I believe you recently posted on this, care to comment?

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on November 28, 2005)

Kraig -

Charlie's in the shed right now...
lol.gif

I believe he uses a mix of oil and grease, but I don't remember the ratio.

After my last gearbox rebuild, I made a cork gasket for my "sealed" unit and used 80W instead.

Kraig,Roger
All I can say is after I put a mixture of 80%grease & 20% 90Wt. in all my gearboxes, no matter if they have the oil level plug or not.
It kinda makes up for the loose parts/gears inside after 30+ years and also lets the grease creep up and around all the gears like it's supposed to.
I've taken to many gearboxes apart that had nothing but grease in them and all the grease is flung to everything except the gears.
That's my story and I'm stickin to it.
biggrin.gif

And the wife says I dint need a puter in the garage! LOL

(Message edited by cproctor on November 28, 2005)

Bryan, that's far better then being in the dog house.........
happy.gif

Charlie, I thought you used some mixture of grease and oil but I didn't want to say 'cause I wasn't 100% sure. :eek:)

Charlie, Kraig and Bryan: Thanks for the info. on what type of lube to use in a right angle gear box. Charlie, I am going to use your mixture because this box had grease every where but on the gears. Also, this box was a sealed unit without a fill plug.

Charlie, Kraig and Bryan: Thanks for the info. on what type of lube to use in a right angle gear box. Charlie, I am going to use your mixture because this box had grease every where but on the gears. Also, this box was a sealed unit without a fill plug.

I use the same grease that I use on everything else.
About 12 years ago I ran across a place selling out, Sooooo! I stocked up and I've been using it ever since. I've still got 6 cases left. That oughta do me till I don't need it any more.
32567.jpg

Latest posts

Back