• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 24, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dumb filter question sorry.My local case IH dealer 2hr drive one way was ordering me some Hy-tran & fleetgaurd hf6096 filters IH nums not in their system,anyway drive up to p/u parts Hy-tran looks rite but he hands me
2 Donaldson filters 14-10 .
Should I use these ? I'm over the fact that I drove 4 hrs for something I probably would of said no to. TIA Don

Hi all, it's been a long time since my last post but still check in now and then.
I recently decided to install my hydro lift on my 125. What kind of pin can I use to link the rock-shaft to the hyd. cyl. clevis? Do I need a float lock? I'm getting ready to hook up my QA36 snow blower and I don't think I need to put down pressure on it, it's heavy enough.

Don B,
You shoulda said somethin when your box was sent to ya!
Here's all I know on hydro filters.
There's been some discussion on these but personally I would not use anything other than the Cub Cadet or Fleetguard filter on any Cub of mine.

Cub Cadet OEM PN: 923-3014
Fleetguard PN: HF6096
Wix PN: 51084
Purolator PN: L14670
Baldwin PN: B163 --- BT8486 new number
John Deere PN: AM39653

Ya I know Charlie, I was ok cause they said they carry the fleetgaurd & would order in & I needed the hy tran(not sure about shipping that).Now I cant even find a cross ref for the Donaldson filter. Hmm I'm pressed for time tonite with some work so will look into abit more tomm.
Thanks for confirming what I thought. I'll have to make you another list...

Don B,
I went to the Donaldson website and crossed the Cub and Fleetguard numbers.
HF6096 FLEETGUARD P550095 LUBE SPIN-ON
9233014 CUB CADET P550095 LUBE SPIN-ON

CLICK HERE

Anyone care to guess how many Cubs are under this 100x50 ft. tarp!
Or maybe take a guess on where they are at!
32575.jpg

Just thought I'd ask again, Is there a kit for individual brakes for a 782? a diagram would be nice.

Jeff

I can see 4 WF's Richard...either way, there sure is a lot of CC's under that tarp!....
drool.gif

Jeff.......didn't this answer your question??

By Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 06:54 am:

Jeff S., there were no dual brake setups available for the 782. I believe some have fabricated dual brake setups for Cubs and some have altered the dual brake setup that is on later Cubs to fit the older ones.

Can anyone tell me the baseline carb adjustment on a Carter carb? I've got a KT17 in a 782. I rebuilt the carb to refresh the float needle and seat and it seems to run fine but I just made a guess on the air/fuel mixture screw positions. Also, does anyone know where I can get a tach for a two-cylinder motor? I've got the point gap dead on but I'm wondering if I should fiddle with the dwell. Thanks.

Exhaust elbow on my 1450 question:

You'll remember I broke it off in the head, but looking at the remaining elbow in my hand and at the exhaust port and engine protrusion on the fwd/left corner of the engine under the exhaust port, it looks like it's impossible to spin on a new elbow more than 180 deg without hitting the carb or the aforementioned engine protrusion below the exhaust port. Am I imagining things?

2. Is there supposed to be a piece of sheet-metal directly underneath the coil, acting as a shround for the cylinder? If so, mine is missing, and I'm wondering where I can get one?

3. Is it necessary to remove the carb in order to remove the shroud on the left side on the engine over the exhaust port? Looks like the rear carb bolt also clamps the shroud.

Thanks!

Remember the last discussion on the hydro filters? Travis was going to do some research on the various filters, well, Travis sent me a box of cut open filters quite some time ago (3 months or more). He bought the filters and cut them open and then sent them to me to take photos of. I was looking at the box the other night thinking "I should really get those photographed" but I just have not had the time. Travis didn't drop the ball I did. I'll try to get the pictures taken ASAP and get them posted, I guess it'll give me a chance to use that fancy new camera. Sorry all.

Roland and list - thanks for the PDF manual and the carb instructions. I'd searched through the archives with no luck - this was a big help.

Jeff S., here is the parts diagram of the Cub Cadet model 2072 dual brake setup.

32580.jpg

Craig E. -

You SHOULD have started with the FAQ mentioned above (that's why we ask that folks read it first). Links to the engine manuals are provided there.

Ok, boys, I searched the archives six ways from Sunday before I asked and happened to overlook one line in an FAQ that referred to downloadable manuals - which I had no idea existed. I'm sorry if that caused you so much anxiety that you felt justified in insulting me publicaly.

Oooh, I DO love a public flogging
bottom.gif

Lessee, there's the "one line" here on this page (and every other page on this site), the mention of the FAQ in BOTH e-mails that you received when you registered...
lol.gif

Back