• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 24, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Craig E,
Oh don't get all bent outta shape over a little ribbing! Hell! If that's all it takes, you might wanna reconsider using the internet at all. ;-P
You want hammered, come on over to the Yahoo Cub Cadet group and we'll show ya what gettin hammered really is, LOL

Bryan, Charlie, Ben J., Here's a photo of David Kirk's 1250 dash and a close up of the tach in the middle. Now we just need to get David to post where he got the tach. Oh David.....????
happy.gif

32584.jpg

32585.jpg

If I can make a suggestion about tachometers. I ordered one from Northern Tool (digital w/ hour meter)and it lasted about a month before it froze up. Sent it back and got another one that lasted about a year before it quit on me. Talked to the Tech guy from NT and he said they get a lot of them back because they were NG.

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had any more details on that rather impressive IH crawler on the home page.
I am really looking for more details on how the tracks and running gear are constucted, the tracks in particular.
Thanks!
Mith

Mith, that Crawler was built by Dan Hoefler. I have a bunch of photos of it. Here are a few taken while Dan was still working on it. I don't recall if I have any info in my archives on HOW Dan made the tracks, I do know he made all the parts. Dan has a rather well equipped Machine Shop.

32587.jpg

32588.jpg

Kraig - Thanks, those were exactly what I was looking for, any more like that would be much appreciated!
I saw the materails list but it doesnt explain much as to how that parts are machined or fitted together
Thanks again
Mith

Mith, that's all I have of Dan's crawler in the "progress" stage. I have tons of photos of it after Dan finished it. Here are some detail shots of it.

32590.jpg

32591.jpg

32592.jpg

32593.jpg

32594.jpg

32595.jpg

Thanks mucho, the third picture was especially helpful!
I would enjoy seeing some pics of the finished item if you dont mind, though those last pics really cleared up the questions I had
Thanks very much
Mith

Alright, sorry, I thought those looked a bit finished for progress shots
wink.gif

Either way, thats what I was after, cheers, working on some drawings right now, harder than I thought to figure out the spacings to put the sprockets round, hey, I'll get there
thanks

Mith, I couldn't resist a little joking there. Would you like a high resolution copy of that photo of the bottom of the Crawler or any of those detail shots? I can send them via email if you wish. :eek:)

BTW, I don't have any high resolution versions of those progress photos.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on November 29, 2005)

Everyone brace yourself,
I now own a Hydro.
explotar2jr.gif

My friend gave me his 147. At least it's a slant grille. . .
--R

Ray, welcome to the narrow frame, hydro, slant grill club! :eek:)

That damn crawler amazes me everytime I see pictures of it.

He did one hell of a job!

Ray,

Welcom to the dark side.......
Once you try hydro you are never the same.
happy.gif

I see everyone is still alive. Hope to be around a little more...

Kraig, thanks for the diagram. Sorry, I guess I overlooked your first post. Guess I'll have to start looking for a 2070! Any other models that have that brake setup?

Jeff

Snowthrower technique:

Using a QA-series snowblower, do you just allow it to drop to the ground and float, or do you set the down-stop to a little bit above the ground to let the skid plates have occaisional contact?

I have not picked mine up yet (QA36A), but in pictures, it looks like the side skid plates are all that bear the weight of the thing skidding along the driveway, and an 1/8" plate edge doesn't seem like a durable wear surface...

Has anybody adapted wheels to their snowthrower? There is a set on Ebay that look to be mounted on a later model Cub snowblower, wonder if something like that would fit on QA.

Ted

Ted- I have a friend that recently picked up a old red tractor with a snow blower. When I checked it out I noticed that his red blower had 4 inch steel wheels located where Cub blowers have the skid plates. I was thinking of modifying mine this way also...anyone else tried wheels instead of the skid plates?

Back