• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 24, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgeorg

displayname
John G.
Caught by the archive bug I presume.
32510.jpg

John G. -

The one and only. You'd think they'd fix that sometime...
wink.gif

I would like to replace the Hour meter on my 169 with a tackometer. Has anyone done this? Where did you find the tac?. Thanks for any help.

Ben J.
Why in the world would ya want to?
Dang, wrong pic again, LOL

(Message edited by cproctor on November 24, 2005)

Speaking of Tachs,
Has anyone out there tried one of the Optical or laser type tachometers?
And if you did, whatcha think?

Ben J. -

Why not just do both?

32514.jpg

<font size="-2">taken during testing of a Point Saver, there's no extra wires hanging out nowadays...</font>

Hmmmm - didn't Cap'n Kirk put a tach on his 1250's dash?

Received this recently.....
"Motorbooks has sent you a UPS shipping/tracking notification. Your package (UPS number ......)"

Oh my....I need to see what "Brown" has got for me!!! (I bet someone here knows.....)

The weather guessers are talking 1-3" of white stuff tonight. Maybe I will get some seat time in tomorrow morning. They are talking 50* on sunday but sometimes a guy has to do what he has to do.

Charlie....I actually recieved my copy of the "Yellow Book"........

32520.jpg

Sorry.....no Brinly wheels for me!!!

If you ordered a "Yellow Book" during the Motorbooks Halloween special, it will be shipped in 2 weeks. Any orders from Amazon, B&N, ect. most likely won't make it in time for X-mas......

Emergency!! And just in time for the snow-blowing season!

I just snapped off the screw-in exhaust pipe from my 1450 cylinder almost flush with the (unused) gasket surface. I was trying to chisel off the rusted-on muffler, and one tap and SNAP!

I first considered a JB-weld repair, but I don't know what kind of temperature it's good for, and I've only got one shot to line it up and cure it correctly.

Then I saw that unused gasket surface and the (2) threaded holes to clamp an exhaust flange down with.

Is there an exhaust flange/gasket available for this engine that will allow use of the stock muffler (just paid $42 for that)??

Help! I just KNOW I'll be wrenching on this thing and shoveling by hand again REAL soon, all the while listening to my wife say "Why in the hell did you sell our other [Craftsman] tractor"?

Thanks for any info, guys.

Today I finally got around to putting the QA42A snowblower on that my son Tyler purchased at plow day #10. Can anyone tell me the correct length and width drive belt I need to hook up with the 149's drive pulley. This QA42A did not come with a belt or a manual, so instead of trial and error sizing I thought someone would know what it takes here. If I don't get'r mounted and runnin...it will snow for shure. Thanks, Jeff

That picture looks like some parts I might be needing one of these days.

Ted B.
I don't supposed you could post a pic or two?
The exhaust nipple for QL's are different in a goofy sorta way and I'm not sure what your talking about when you say "(unused) gasket surface".

I can try to post a pic maybe tomorrow, but by "unused" I mean that there is a flat manifold surface with (2) threaded screw holes, in the same style as can be seen in a pic on this same page a few posts back. In that photo, the manifold/gasket surface is ALSO "unused", you can see the exhaust pipe threaded into the cylinder casting.

Mine is the same way, only now my pipe is broken off flush with the cylinder.

Ted,

You can get replacement exhaust elbows from Kohler. Carefully chisel out the broken off part, chase the threads with a tap, and carefully install a new elbow.......

Try using a hack saw blade to saw a slot in the remaining part in several places ( go deep enough to just touch the threads), then carefully peel out the old casting.

Latest posts

Back