• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 23, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tturner

displayname
Tyler Turner
Bryan- yeah, i would like one of those too...
bouncy.gif

I also noticed that part of my last post didnt make it...

Jeralco is a company from Fairmount IL... Like 10 miles away from me, I have ask around and nobody has heard of them... Also, it has the narrow frame quick attach which would make its production in the era of 1968-1972ish I figure.

Sorry that the pictures suck

I hope every one had a good Turkey Day!
Here are the pics of my Original.Any futher thoughts on the whole "Farmall Decal"thing? I have to assume that my grandfather added the front lights as the mounts are totally differnt from what I've seen here on line so far. I do know my dad added the rear light, motorcycle horn, replaced the seat after it rotted away, and added to the top edge to the grill. The gas tank rotted through and the only one he had that would work required him to rase the hood about an inch. The added metal to the grill is there to fill in the gap created. If any one can point me in the right direction of a replacement tank, I would like to get the one on there now off because you can't fill it when the engine is hot for the chance of spilling gas on the hot exhaust.
46035.jpg

46036.jpg

46037.jpg

46038.jpg

46039.jpg

While the snow plow shows alot of abuse from ma nature, the other two still work just fine.
46040.jpg

The Cub Cadet silk screen was clearly painted over and the Farmall sticker placed over top. I've gone 36 years seeing that sticker on there, it looks funny to me seeing the Cub silk screen now.

Ken M:

I "assume" that your K341 is of the same type as used in the Quietlines. With that in mind, I have modified a 1x8/9 Series Wiring Diagram for what I believe is your configuration. The "B+" wire from the V/R, is illustrated by a Navy Blue (Dashed) wire. You should connect this to the Ignition (or "I") terminal on your Key Switch. You can "piggyback" the terminal or use the Electric Lift Accessory wire to tap into.

Please make sure, that the motor & Voltage Regulator are properly grounded.

46043.jpg

Can anyone tell me what the right size tire chains are for my tires and possibly a cheal site to put\rchase? TIRE SIZE IS 22.5x10x8
THANKS

Question: On my 1000 I have taken the connector off of the transmission. The one that the clutch rod slides into with the leather joint. I have noticed that there is a ball inside that connector. WHY? is this to asborb some of the shock? Can I or should I grease that ball good before re-installing? It is free and moves around inside the body easily!

Pops

To All:

Myron B has brought to my attention, that the previous diagram can be confusing, in that it shows both a S/G system and a Alternator system. I meerly showed where the B+ wire would go. To avoid any confusion and misunderstandings, here is a diagram for the 1x8/9 series with a Kohler K-**1-AS type of motor:

46049.jpg

The traditional S/G & V/R have been removed and replaced with a Starter and Alternator circuit.

Paul,
I found the best place to get chains is Sears. You defenatly want 2 link chains and this is the only place I was able to find them. You will most likely need to get longer chains then cut off the excess length. 23 x 10-1/2 x 12 in. Tire Chains might be a good fit.
Click here to jump to Tire Chains at Sears.com
46052.jpg

Jeff G.
IMHO and if it were mine!
I would not change a thing, nor would I restore it. There's to much history and memories in that little tractor to be messin with it.
If you want a pretty one, buy another to restore!
That's my story and I'm stickin to it.
46054.gif

Jeff G. I hate to admit it but I agree with Charlie this time. Every time you will look at the tractor the way it is you will think of your Grandfather and his engineering ideas, restoring it will erase all of that! Good luck!
wink.gif

Jeff G. Charlie and Andy are totally right on. Way too much history with that little guy. Leave it like it is.

Jeff, An heirloom like that is full of family history and stories to be passed on with the tractor. Use it to pull the garden cart & find another to put the attachments on. Wish I had my Grandfather's.

Mornin All, I'm still burp full from Turkey Day yesterday, but my Cub still runs perfectly, I think I'll go out and haul up s'more farwood...

Couple questions...this is the blower I'd like to use this winter,
46061.jpg

First: I've never used a tractor mounted blower before, only a walk behind. The tractor is only 7hp with a 36 inch blower. My walk behind is 10hp and 32 inches wide. What should I expect? Are there any special trick/techniques I should know?
Second: How much weight whould I use? There are wheel weights installed on the inside of the rear tires. Will that be enough or will I need more? Thanks,

Roland,thanks a bunch for the wiring diagram,I am going to give it a try asap,the model no. was K341ep,it seems to match your diagram perfectly.I dont know what this forum would do with out guys with knowledge like you,Im what you would call electrically challenged"lol", thanks agian kenny m.

Timothy P: The tractor will handle the 36" thrower with no problems as long as it is running 'right'...if it is down on power (missing, needing a carb rebuild, or new points/condenser/spark plug etc.) it will struggle. The only thing IH offered to help the gear drive tractors with duties like snowthrowing or tilling (where you need to keep the RPMs up, but 1st gear is too fast of a travel speed) is a creeper gearbox set up. However I don't see the creeper handle above your frame tunnel...so if you get into some deep/heavy snow and 1st gear is too fast, you will probably need to 'ride the clutch'. You also will probably find out that in really deep/heavy snow, that if you take not quite a full width cut or pass, that the thrower and tractor will handle the job a little easier.

Since you have tire chains, and 1 set of weights, you will probably be OK. If you find out that the rear end is kinda 'light', another set of weights will be needed.

As far as tips or tricks...paint the inside of the auger housing, auger, and discharge chute with 'slip plate' (graphite infused 'slick paint') The slip plate will help keep the thrower from plugging up, and will help the snow to fly further out of the discharge chute.

Thanks for the tips Bill. Probably too cold to do any more painting this year but where do I find "slip plate" and is it available in a color close to the IH white?
I've been trying to keep an eye out for anything regards a creeper set up for my tractor. The little bit I've read & seen has me thinking I'd like to add it at some point.

Timothy: You can buy slip plate from Case/IH dealers, or if you have a Tractor Supply Company (TSC) close to you, you can get EZ Slide.
46064.jpg

It comes in either aerosol, qt. cans, or gallon cans. I use EZ-Slide on my QA42A snowthrower, and on the underside of my mored decks. It DOES help
thumbsup_old.gif

As far as I know, the only color it comes in is black.

Jeff - You'll need to buy another original. Your family's original is going to have to stay as is!
thumbsup.gif

Had the 59M working today. Got the last of the leaves and twigs. There's something therapeutic about it. Yes, I did have the brake locked while operating the unit.

46068.jpg

46069.jpg

Latest posts

Back