• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 13, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you're right Marty.. But as long as it's working..

Now I can trial fit the mower deck and the supporting parts, then maybe over the winter I can rehab the deck. I want to try the upgrades that Steve B did on one of his decks.

Charlie,
thumbsup_old.gif

I'm estimating that the 100 will be finished by this weekend. I went through way more primer than I expected so far.

322505.jpg

322506.jpg

I read the comment about beet juice, had never heard of the problem (I'm out here in the back woods) so I did a little investigating and found this on the Rim Guard web site:

"Can I use rubber valve stems with Beet Juice Ballast?

It is important when installing liquid tire ballast that you consult a tire professional to ensure that you have industry standard valve stems capable of handling air AND liquid. Many rubber valve stems are air only and therefore the adhesive holding the core in place is subject to dissolving. This can potentially lead to a catastrophic failure and loss of all liquid in the tire.
"
Thought I might post that for the one other guy whose never heard of the problem..

Hired another operator this weekend! This is Nancy's grandson Shaun, he's just turned 8. This summer he's learned to ride a bike, got a Razer electric scooter, qualified to drive the Scag Tiger Cub ( but not mow yet) and the best, was checked out on the 129. He informed me the shifter needs oiling (Order for trunion spring to follow). He's a great guy, and has told Grandma I'm the "smartest person in the world", which proves you can even fool a little kid sometimes..

322512.jpg

322513.jpg

322514.jpg

Gerry -Nice pic's of your Operator in Training!
Re: Rim Guard, consider the source, They are partly correct, but this topic has been beat to death at Green Tractor Talk.com, If you have $15,000 to $20,000 to blow on a sub-compact tractor the size of a 982 or 1872, Of course you have the dealer put beet juice in all 4 tires before delivery. No complaints there about WWF or CaCl, or used antifreeze, only Rim Guard. Probably 25% of the people have had problems. I've also heard that it degrades and forms a kind of jelly or sludge inside the tube, makes removing the stuff almost impossible.

I replaced the inner tubes in the only tires I had CaCl in about 5-6 years ago, I'm ALL cast iron ballast now, on Cubbies and Farmalls. So little added weight in Cub Cadet tires for the hassles involved IMHO.

Super nice Don! Love them 100's.
Did you paint over those nice flames, or do you have another hood?

As far as the "stuff" in the tires, I have not had any trouble with mine. I put tubes in the tires so the fluid would not be on the rims.
It's very messy when you have to take a loaded tire off a rim.

I loaded the tires on my 128 (my first cub), but that was the last ones I will ever do.
As Dennis mentioned, it is a lot of headache when you can just hang some weights on it and go on.

If you check a loaded tire for pressure, the fluid could get up inside the gauge, possibly damaging it.
I have also seen several rims eaten totally up by "fluids" in the tire. Sad sight, and a royal pain to try and move one with rotted rims.

Gerry,
Anyone who mows with a SCAG is pretty smart in my book!
thumbsup_old.gif

You know you have just ruined that young fellow.
I can see he has already got yellow and white all over him!
lol.gif

i know some one at work who has a 1450 with the k321 motor and it will start but it blows gas out the carb. carb was replaced and still same thing.

Latest posts

Back