• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 21, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve B., wow!
icon_eek.gif
sad.gif

Steve B - that's almost unbelievable. It looks like nothing can be salvaged. Rebuilding would be from scratch. I hope they can at least find their personal effects and treasures. So sad.

Vincent - something is wrong with your picture. 16 or 17 cross links is just way way to many for a standard tire on a 1650, which I would assume to be 23x10.5x12. I believe you should have between 11-13 cross links. 16 or 17 sounds to me like your side links wouldn't even be resting on the tire (more likely the wheel area). Maybe we should see some pics of these chains.

Steve - AMAZING wow!

Harry - 16 or 17 sets of cross links. If I remember correctly each set had 11 actual links.

I got these when I picked up an ABUSED 1806. For more info on this newer Cub Cadet see my 1806 thread in the CCC & MTD section. There's a pic of it with the chains on.

Vincent - ok, thanks for the clarification. I see you have 11 links across, and 16 or 17 sets of these cross links. Basically you have a set of cross links connected to every other side link. When I looked at your 1806 pics to see the chains I saw what looked like one set of the cross links that didn't skip a side link. This results in a twist to the side links. Your problem could be one to many sets of cross links. If one set of chains has 16 sets and one has 17, I'd probably make them both 16. There is the odd ball chance that one of your rear tires is actually slightly smaller/larger than the other one - yes it does happen, especially when swapping one tire out even with the same brand name and size. There is no Federal Standard that applies to tire sizes for garden tractors - as there is for cars/trucks, so even tho it may say 23x10.5x12 on the side I've had Goodyears that measure 21x10x12.

Out to the garage I go. Need to get a CC or two ready for snow duty. I just finished the leaves last week! The weather guessers are calling for 2 to 5 around here tonight.

Charlie: Perfect timing on opening CCSpecialties for reference - I was wondering about the availability/cost of internal brake pucks.
thumbsup_old.gif
happy.gif

Well I put a snowblade on the diesel and attempted to put the QA36 snowthrower on the 126 without much success. Maybe next weekend I can find someone to give me a hand. There is nothing quick about it.

Melody S.
If you will get a 4x4 and lay under the mounting plate where the gearbox attaches to the thrower, you'll find that attaching takes less than 3 minutes, plus time to put the belt on.

CHARLIE, MELODY - My QA-36 mounts were "Modified", actually a couple times, once by the prior owner to go from a NF to WF tractor, and by Me to go back on a NF. But I always found it easier to separate the mounting plate/gearbox from the blower housing to mount & store the blower. Made for smaller lighter pieces to muscle around when mounting, and gave me more room to get the belt on and tightened from the PTO clutch to the gearbox pulley. Took up less room when storing it too. The belt was always the hardest part of installing the blower IMO too.

Latest posts

Back