Archive through November 19, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked this up for free and thought it might make a good IH Cub group battery charger, but have not investigated it fully just yet.

292253.jpg

Harry B.

Kevin C. stated the charge indicator is showing a discharge. The ground wire, the lights and the switch would not likely be the cause. The positive wire might if it was shorting to ground, but that would hopefully blow the fuse.

As we all know the factory wiring could very well be messed up from a PO, so the typical trouble shooting methodologies could be no longer applicable.

Jim

David S.

Possible yes, recommended no. If you connect all the batteries up in parallel you will keep 12v across all of them, but the current will be divided between them. A 3 amp charger hooked to 3 batteries will provide each battery 1 amp (ignoring resistance). Those trickle chargers are only around 500 mA, therefore only intended to service one battery.

Jim

Jim any thoughts on my idea for charging my cubs

Once I take the battery out (soon) it goes in the cellar then gets a motorcycle battery charger on it for a while(day). Even that charger is only good for 1 amp. I have a trickle charger from HF that goes on it for the rest of the winter.

Jeff B - I didn't see Jim P respond yet to your question, but I've got some thoughts on your charging idea. You said you picked that thing up "for free". Did you even check yet to see if it works? (It might be a good boat anchor)
biggrin.gif

Jim P - I'm suspicious that Kevin may have more than one problem. His lights may be dimming because of a loose connection, and his meter showing discharge because of another issue.

it works, we got a new lift at work and this was from the old one that we recycled

Sorry Harry, I sent Jeff an E-mail, off topic issue.

Yes it could be two seperate issues, it's not always fun to figure out but it does pass the time.

The idea was to be able to charge several IH cub cadets at one time.
Jim did send me an email and with out alot of work it would not be suitable for my international harvester cub cadets.

Is it just me or do others need to bend the inner part of their fender/seat pans a little bit so your chains don't connect with them?

Latest posts

Back