• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 18, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Eric Thomas

I would reread the step up procedure on neutral adjustment for the hydro. I prefer them slower in reverse , I can not see behind me that well. my two children think I could lol. Some things you just have no answer for lol.

Eric T.,
I think Don T. is saying adjust your linkage. Or something in the linkage could be worn to the point of needing replacement.

Still would be great to see just how much Dan H's 10 hp crawler would pull! Did he ever work it at a plowday???

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY
I bought this one a few years ago to re-sell and that is exactly what I did. To this day I regret selling it. IT WAS A BOSS. Ever since then I guess I've gone cub crazy

PHOTO 1

PHOTO 2

Cubs I own
wishing on a 122

Tonight I got the 129 back together and mounted the snowblower. Even with the trick of moving the upper right link bar to the installation position, it still took a bit of jockeying to get it into position, but it was at least a bit easier than trying to manhandle the whole mess. The snowblower needs a bit of TLC, the leading edge of the auger is bent in a few spots from working on a somewhat uneven gravel road, and the whole thing could use some fresh paint. Its getting late in the game to paint, particularly in an unheated garage, but I might get a can of EZ Slide or the equivalent at TSC this weekend and paint the interior surfaces, and put the chains on the rear wheels, but otherwise its about ready to go.

As far as the engine goes, it seems to want to kick back when it first fires when I start it up cold. Its cranking kinda slow, and you repeatedly have to jockey the throttle and choke to get it going, but eventually it will catch. Part of it is probably a weak battery combined with a still tight engine, hopefully a freshly charged battery and some run in time will cure it. I will also clean the S/G connections, I saw a little smoke coming off the armature terminal for a second, so something was getting hot.
explotar2jr.gif

Hey guys, working on a 128 for a friend, and the retaining clip that holds the input pinion on the reduction housing in place is NLA from Cub and IH. Anybody have size/source?

JERRY - the PD or two I went to that DAN H brought his fleet to, he plowed with the FWA 100 @ PS #1, but all he did was drive the crawler off and back onto the trailer. With his FWA 100 he had no extra weights frt or rear and did a real fine job.

When he was loading the crawler somebody on a CC drove by and kidded Dan about hooking up drawbar to drawbar. Dan politely declinded but I'm sure the crawler would have pulled the rubber tired Cubbie backwards any place he wanted to go.

Dennis,,, I wish I could make it to a p-d to see the fun. Thanks to Kraig I have seen a lot of the p-d film. The FWD is sweet and had to be a lot more work than I realize. I figure that a LOT of the newer fellows have never seen the pictures of Dan's toys. That crawler could probably drag my pickup anywhere he wanted to!

I was finally able to finish the lawn yesterday (the trees finally shed their leaves). I also put on the snow blower. I just have to put on the chains and I am ready to go. The snow is now falling. It is suppose to be 1 to 3 inches. Not enough for the blower but it is a start.
Earl LaMott
Burnsville, MN

EARL - Look at the Bright side, you may get MORE than 1 to 3 inches, or gets winds to cause drifting, which will mean you can get your Cubbie out and blow snow!

We had about 1-2 inches a week, maybe ten days ago till about 2 PM that day. No accumulation on any roads or drives or sidewalks. It did stay on the grass for 2 maybe 3 days in shady spots.

I'm not planning on any snow to worry about till the second week of December, between the 8th & 12th. Just like the last two years.

Brian Hoffman,

I got around to making my lift rod for my QA 36A snowthrower today. I had a lift rod for my front push blade. It is 28-3/4" long and was too long for the snowthrower. The snowthrower would only raise a couple of inches above the floor with that rod. It turned out that I needed a rod 27" long (overall length). It allows my snowthrower to lower to 1.5" below horizontal and to be raised about 6" above the floor.

I have a 1250 with the manual lift. I am not sure if your electric lift would take a different length rod.

Also, I have 2 - 3 inches of vertical clearance between the lift rod and the front axle. Do you think that the lift arm (attached to the snowthrower frame) on your snowthrower was shortened my a PO?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Good Morning, All from a chilly 23* Colo, Iowa. No Cub Cadet work today. After I install a new thermostat in the Dakota then it will be a day of rest. Just a couple of moments ago I for the fun of it typed in a Google Search for Fancy the Cub Cadet Cat and sure enough he is listed number two and three. Fancy The Cub Cadet Cat.
happy.gif
He is on cloud nine.
232726.gif

Marlin-

That's pretty interesting and ole Punch is mentioned too (as a "chunk", may he rest in peace). Is Annie a cub cat yet?

Wayne S. I noticed that about Punch. :+) ... Annie is too skittish to every become a Cub Cadet kitty. She knows what they are and constantly tries to sneek outside.

It's been a busy morning. This young guy needs a nap. It's too bad they don't have Cub Cadet pillow cases.

the talk about the QA reminded me to replace the broken belt tensioner bolt on my QA36

picked up some reverse threaded rod, and cut,welded,and drilled.

tried to upload photos but am getting a server error message?????

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

I would love to have that sweepster up here for the paved drive and where we pull off the main highway. people follow to close and the 90 deg turn is hard to do when there is so much stone in the turn.we sweep it by hand now and would love to have that mounted on a Cub for that use. send it over lol.

CHARLIE - I guess DON has first dibs on that sweeper, but that's something I always thought would be a very useful attachment. I've seen guys de-THATCH their yards with them too.

That's a nice one, the hood over the brush isn't all beat up and the brush is in good shape. Think we discussed here a couple years ago about how expensive new brushes are.

Ken, thanks for update. It almost looks like it had to be that someone shortened the plate on the snow thrower. Wondering if it might not be easier to put another plate next to the current one and make it about 2in taller. That would solve travel and rubbing problem.

Back