• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 18, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,
In the pix of Denny and Chris Bennett it should have the thought bubble of "Been plowin' long?"

I have 4 Carter N carbs that came off my Originals...I "Dunked" them over night and in putting them back together noticed 2 were "20"'s and 2 were "22"'s. I have a 7hp and 8hp....I know logically the 7's use the 20's etc....but does it make a difference. I have a 22 on the 8 hp and it seems starved for gas....Guess my question can or should you use a 20 on a 8hp Kohler.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Thanks for any help.

Hi Kraig,
Been a while.

Still cubbin, but other things have got in the way.

Still read the forum though. Enjoy reading the posts from old and new folks.

KRAIG - Not sure who took that last pic but I learned real fast to follow Chris around because His Wife was taking TONS of pic's, plus Chris had a really nice QL there. So if I was going to get into any pic's I best stay close to him!

Good to see you post here again Chris!
wave.gif

TOM - Somebody else made that same suggestion back after PD #1 about the caption.

I knew I had a pair of inboard weights but couldn't remember if they were IH weights or my little weights, those are the little weights, about 20#/each so I had 65#/side. I have had two sets of IH weights on the inside of the 72 before, and I've run an IH weight or two on the outside of that 45# solid weight too. But that tractor plows good with just those two weights. No fluid in the tires either.

And I have to agree with Chris, PD#1 was a blast!

Kraig - thanks for the info. The tag says 42A but maybe the top links were changed by a previous owner. Nice to know I can mount it on my 782 if needed.

Donald - your right about the chains scratching up the black top. I have around 100 lbs of wheel weights currently and may add fluid to the tires to keep the spinning to a minimum

Denny, in my last post with photos the top two came from Chris, so I guess his wife took them. The 3rd photo was taken by David Schmidt.

Tom, Denny, I seem to recall that someone did suggest that at one point. This photo from PD6 of Kevin Dunham and Ken Updike had a caption in the post, but not in a "thought bubble", of "Been Farming long?"

232768.jpg

Mike, now that you mention it, <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> never made a QA42B, only a QA36B, so someone must have swapped the top links.
blush.gif
CRS I guess...
old.gif

Mike Essary,

I was planning on taking pictures just like the ones you posted. Your arsenal looks good! I have a 1250 and a 782 with a snowthrower and a front blade for each.

If I get everything in good operating condition, I think I will have the front blade on the 1250 and a snowthrower on the 782 (in stand-by mode). But, half of the time, we don't get enough snow to use a snowthrower all winter long.
whistling.gif

Latest posts

Back